Cost for Djay Pro AI?

I have a current Djay Pro 2 product, downloaded via the app store and have recently downloaded Djay Pro AI (LOVE IT). Did my license transfer over or will there be an additional cost?

As of today, there is no indication of a further cost and the website and/or the app store mention nothing about an additional cost. PLEASE make this more clear for existing customers, who purchased their product via the app store.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. Our newly created djay Pro AI is a subscription with monthly or yearly pricing, as shown in the app for all three platforms (Mac, iPad, iPhone).

Also note that as djay Pro 2 for Mac user you receive our legacy update for free, which you can find further information on in our FAQ.

It says nothing about what the legacy update is or if it costs money. It only says that you get this "a free selection of essential features unlocked on djay Pro AI for Mac. "

I have an event tomorrow and if I need to pay for this, I will. If it has a time limit or stops on me, that would be TERRIBLE!

1 Like

Hi,

If you previously purchased djay Pro 2 on the Mac App Store you’re eligible for a number of features to be unlocked for free permanently in djay Pro AI.

You can find further information on the features and if you are eligible for the legacy unlock via our FAQ:

If there are any issues with the unlocking process please let me know.

1 Like

People are asking if the upgrade is free. That’s all.

I also purchased Djay Pro 2 for Mac which costs $49.99 (one time purchase in June '20).
In addition, I purchased Neural Mix Pro “Full Unlock” for $49.99 (one time purchase in August '20).

Today, I received a notification of a free upgrade to AI. When I tried to use its NeuralMix features, I received a pop-up stating that I must pay another $49.99/year or $6.99/month. And this is an annual subscription and not a one time purchase.

After reviewing the FAQ’s, I discovered that the “free” upgrade gives you AI with a subset of features enabled. Plus, if I never owned Pro 2 and download AI, I think I get the same features.

You have to pay $49.99/year subscription to unlock ALL features. It also isn’t truly an upgrade, because I have both Pro 2 and AI apps on my Mac.

Essentially, if you want Djay Pro AI with all of its features, you have to outright subscribe to it for $49/year. Previously purchasing Djay Pro 2 and Neural Mix Pro does not make a difference. And that’s a big shame.

The list of features for the free upgrade: I previously purchased an older version of djay (djay Pro 2). Am I eligible for an upgrade discount? – Algoriddim Support

The list of all features available: What is the difference between the free version and the PRO subscription of djay Pro AI for Mac? – Algoriddim Support

-Phil

2 Likes

Its actually an insult to recent purchasers. They should have at least give recent subscribers a year free with all features.

1 Like

Good morning to all of you.

I am in the process of replacing my old 2011 Macbook Pro with a newer Macbook.

At present I cannot upgrade to the new version of Djay Pro Al since as an operating system I cannot go beyond OSX High Sierra.

I have some questions for you.

When I install the new version of Djay Pro will I have to have also installed the old version of Djay Pro 2 to have the basic functions enabled?

If I have not installed Djay Pro 2, will I have the same basic functions working by installing the new version?

Does the new version make a more accurate analysis of the songs?

Thanks to all of you for every reply on this matter.

When you license Djay Pro AI for $6.99/month or $49.99/year, it comes with all the features of Djay Pro 2 plus all the new features like the integrated Neural Mix.

I think (not 100% sure) that the free version of Djay Pro AI is essentially Djay Pro 2 in terms of features and functionality.

Good morning,

Thank you very much for your reply.

One thing is not clear to me.

In your opinion, if I install Djay Pro Al without having installed the old version of Djay Pro 2, will I still have the same basic functions?

Does it affect in some way the unlocking of the basic functions to have or not to have installed Djay Pro 2?

I mean in the basic non-paid plan.

Thanks again for all your answers on the matter.

Yes. That is my understanding.

Hi @Sergio1,

Just wanted to step in here to clear things up regarding djay Pro 2 and djay Pro AI. I’d ask you to first please check the FAQ that my colleague shared earlier in this topic thread:

Essentially, you would need to install djay Pro 2 if you purchased it from the Mac App Store in order for the new djay Pro AI app to detect that you previously purchased djay Pro 2. Once this is detected by djay Pro AI, then it will automatically unlock the special set of features included in this offer. For a list of those specific features, please see the above FAQ.

If you don’t have djay Pro 2 installed or you are not eligible for this special offer, then when you download djay Pro AI from the Mac App Store, you will have access to the free version of the app only. The free version does not include all features included in the purchased version of djay Pro 2. To gain access to those features, you would need to either get this special upgrade offer (if eligible) or subscribe to the full PRO subscription to gain access to all features of djay Pro AI. You can find what’s included in the full PRO subscription in our FAQ here:

What is the difference between the free version and the PRO subscription of djay Pro AI for Mac?

If you’re not sure about your eligibility for the special offer, please contact our Support Team directly via email so we can help you out.

1 Like

Good evening,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply.

Now it’s all clear.

Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.