Crates not working

• Device model (e.g. 2019 MacBook Pro):
  • Version of operating system (latest):
  • Version of djay (new update):

hi, for a while now ive been trying to get my crate folders to work but for some reason it asks for access to /Users/macbook/.Trash but on my MacBook there is no such thing.
Is there a way to fix this.

Hi @Temi_Siyanbola, when creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”. This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):

1 Like

hi I already did at the top but I will do it again

• Device model (e.g. 2019 MacBook Pro)
  • Version of operating system *(latest)
  • Version of djay (new update)

“Latest” and “new update” is not specific. Please share the actual version numbers to that our team can accurately troubleshoot your specific issue. Thanks!

Also, can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

version of djay - 5.2
version of operating system - Sonoma 14.5
device model - MacBook Pro 2019

Thanks @Temi_Siyanbola. I have forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can replicate it. In the meantime if you could share screenshots or a video as requested above that will help troubleshooting.

Hi @Temi_Siyanbola, it’s possible that your Serato library is referencing a track at that location. As all we do is read the file paths that are stored in the Serato library and check if we have access, if not then we prompt for it. If the you want to share your Serato library we can also take a look and find the track. Please upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the file here or send it to me in a DM. Thanks!

hi,
that’s not quite the problem I haven’t its still trying to. ask for access to my trash but there isn’t a folder on my Mac called trash

Please share your Serato library so we can investigate further.

what Serato library, I don’t use Serato

I can’t give access to the trash folder because there isn’t one on my Mac

Crates in djay are for accessing your Serato library. If you don’t use Serato, don’t use the Crates source in djay.