Create playlist from Tidal?

With djay pro on my iPad, I can select songs listed in Tidal, right click and add to a play list I’ve created in djay.

However, there’s no such functionality on my Windows version, which is connected to my laptop and cdj’s. So there’s no cross-compatibility between the iPad and Windows versions.

Is there a way to do this? It doesn’t work with Windows media player because the library only seems to look at what’s downloaded, not what’s online.

If there isn’t currently this function, when will there be an update to the Windows version to allow this to happen?

Hi @AJ299,

Thanks for posting to the community!

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions below?

1. Which Windows device do you have?
  2. Which OS version is running on your device?
  3. Which djay version are you using?

Looking forward to helping you out. Have a great day!

Hi Nathanial, this is the set-up:

1. Which Windows device do you have?

Dell laptop;

1. Which OS version is running on your device?

Windows 10 Pro On laptop;
iOS - 14.8.1 on 7th gen iPad

1. Which djay version are you using?
    Laptop -

Version 1.0.27708.0 on laptop;
Version 3.8.4 on iPad

Thanks

Hi @AJ299,

Thank you very much for that additional info!

Just so I’m on the same page as you could you please explain in greater detail what you meant by “So there’s no cross-compatibility between the iPad and Windows versions.”?

Looking forward to answering your question in full!

Hi Nathanial,

I just mean that the feature in djay on the iPad doesn’t exist in the Windows feature, and this frustrating as the Windows version is the one I have connected to the cdjs because the iPad doesn’t map to the cdjs.

Thanks

Hi @AJ299,

Thanks for the follow-up.

The reasoning behind this is due to the fact that djay Pro for Windows does not have the same “My Library” source as is on djay for macOS/iOS in which you can create playlists and then link tracks from various sources (such as Tidal) to said playlists.

I will pass the addition of the My Library source along to our dev team as a feature request and update this thread accordingly.

Please let me know if you have any further comments, questions or concerns. Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.