Create tag or comment system for Spotify tracks. Allow it to be searchable

Due to the way Spotify works it’s really hard to categorize the music other than creating many playlists. This is especially relevant when you find two songs that go great together and want to be able to add a comment to remember that later.

Most of the other professional level DJ software allows tagging. I understand that this might be a challenge given that Spotify music is not stored on the machine. If these comments or tags could be stored wherever the queue points are stored that would be excellent.

Another feature that would be really helpful to go along with this is being able to search by these tags or comments.

This is an incredibly important missing feature. The library browser shows me columns for “Rating”, “Grouping”, and “Comments”, but there’s no way to edit that information. I would expect all this to be editable inside djay Pro on macOS, and synced to the iOS/iPad apps via iCloud, just like cue points are. Considering Spotify doesn’t allow any sort of custom/user metadata, this is something djay Pro needs ASAP, so that it’s possible to organize the music beyond playlists.

This is such an oversight. Everyone needs such tags, playlist are not versatile enough.

How hard can it be to add a map between a Spotify track ID and a list of tags.
I mean, they already have the capability of adding metadata to a Spotify track (cues and such), why not just tags?

Plus the UI already supports tags. I would be okay with just a folder that would allow me to browse tracks per tag.

Yeah it’s a bummer but this feature is badly needed for people that want to use djay a bit mir professional…

push…

that is what i thought, they dont need to write the tags into spotify, just add it to the metadata that Djay already has/saves (bpm, track analyzing, and cuepoints) just also save a bit of text, and while they are at it, make it possible to rate the songs. just give it a few djing related meta data (genre, rating, tags)

Thanks for supporting this Lukas! I’m exciting about seeing this integration in Djay Pro. Others please support this idea if you think it’s as great as I do.

Hi there,

thank you very much for your feature request. I forwarded this internally and want to thank you for pointing this out.

Please feel free to up vote Dj Bitz post in order to push the topic.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

Hi there,

thank you very much for your feature request. I forwarded this internally and want to thank you for pointing this out.

Please feel free to up vote Dj Bitz post in order to push the topic.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

Hi,

Thank you for pushing the topic. 

Added on our request list.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

It would be great having this feature. When the playlist is short you can remember but if isn’t, tag comments may help remembering the genre or the possible match with another songs.

Crucial.

I would happily upgrade to Djay pro 2 if comments and search comments feature was added to spotify libraries. Love that Cue point comments have been added though comments against track is really required…

3 years and nothing…

you may like spotify premium apk

Spotify premium apk application is making a significant measure of buzz in the Android world of music and spilling category. On the off chance that you need to have the free Spotify service, at that point you have to comply with every one of the laws identified with the Spotify.