Cross Fader keeps drifting on Beatpad2 with iPad

Hello, hoping you all can help me out. Recently, the cross Vader on the beat pad to has not been syncing up with the app. Even when I push the cross Fader all the way to the left on the software, it’s only showing the saw the cross feather moving about 3/4 of the way to the left.

I cleaned the board and use a duster to clean the inside, but this didn’t seem to help. Any suggestions? Is this a software issue or something going on with my hardware?

Hi @SirDC,

Thanks for posting to the community for the first time!

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions:

1. Have you recently spilled anything or possibly (even minimally) damaged your Beatpad 2?
  2. Have you noticed that other faders, knobs or buttons are losing their effectiveness as well?
  3. Have you tried using MIDI Scope for iOS (available in the app store) to test whether or not the crossfader is sending the precise signals needed for djay to recognize a full left to right (or vice versa) movement from the Beatpad 2?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks for the reply!

1. No, I haven’t spilled anything, I did use a computer dust cleaner to try and remove any dust, etc in the system.
  2. I have not noticed any other knobs or faders losing effectiveness. Just the cross-fader.
  3. I have not used MIDI scope! I will try that next and give an update soon!

Thanks again for the help!

1 Like

@NathanielAlgo so I finally used the MIDI scope, and I can see the input is drifting. The numerical values would stop at a number and move up one or two digits. Also, the crossfader is not registering the far left input as 0.

What would you suggest I do from here?

Thanks for your help!!

Hi @SirDC,

Thanks so much for sharing this update with us.

It sounds as though this is a hardware issue in which something is wrong with the controllers physical crossfader as shown in your MIDIScope findings.

The next best thing would be to reach out to the storefront you purchased the controller from or to Reloop directly to see whether or not your purchase is still under warranty and is elligable for a return/fix.

You may also want to look around your city for miscellaneous electronic shops or music stores that provide repair services for DJ equipment as this issue may be much smaller than it seems.

Please let me know if you have any further comments, questions or concerns!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.