Crossfader FX bug with FLX4 Hardware 🐞

The first video shows normal behavior of the crossfader with no hardware connected

Now iPad Pro 11” 2nd gen connected to DDJ FLX4

Second video identical transition with hardware connected. The moment the crossfader is engaged there is immediate harmonic sustain, complete vocal cut. No reverb/echo at the 1/8 position, no fade out/fade in of vocals. The vocal cut is sustained completely till the crossfader is at extreme right. This discrepancy is not isolated to this one FX. All of them are altered when connected to my controller. I can’t think of any controller or djay setting that might be causing this but if there is I’m sure one of the experts will orient me. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @aubhn, thanks for the videos. That really helps to communicate the issue. I have forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue. Can you please confirm that you are running the latest 5.0.1 version of djay Pro? Thanks.

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw yes I’m using the most recent version of dJay Pro software

Hi @aubhn,

1. Does this also happen with non-Neural Mix Crossfader FX too (like Dissolve and Riser)?
  2. Are you using the built-in MIDI Mapping for your FLX4 or an edited or custom mapping?
1 Like

Hi @Slak_Jaw sorry for the long interval, I’ve been traveling. All FX neural or non neural are affected in some way and the difference when connected to hardware is fixed for each FX. The modified sound is always the same for each FX. I had remapped the FLX4 EQ knobs for neural EQ FX with v 4, but I’ve deleted that mapping from the deck so now I’m using the built in and latest firmware (v 1.4)

1 Like

Hi @aubhn, no problem. Thanks for the video and additional information. I have forwarded this to the engineering team for further review.

@aubhn the engineering team was able to replicate the issue. I’ve been told it will be addressed in an upcoming update. In the meantime, they are recommending that you turn OFF Crossfader Cutting Mode. Thanks!

@Slak_Jaw it seems like the problem stems from my 4th gen iPad Pro being able to produce a Neural Mix quality of only 80%. I’m waiting to get the M3 7th gen model which will be released later this year. When I use my iPhone 13 or M1 MacBook the Crossfader FX work perfectly with the DDJ FLX4. Thanks for researching the issue.

Thanks for the additional info @aubhn

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.