Crossfader FX mutes non playing deck

Hello everyone
I had a very unpleasant experience last night while playing a DJ gig with the latest version of Djay Pro (5.2.3). In 2-deck mode, the non playing deck was suddenly muted. The song was still displayed in the waveforms, but the display was grayed out. Loading another track did not solve the issue. I had no choice but to restart the application, after which it worked again. However, when the problem occurred again shortly afterwards, I found out during troubleshooting that it was related to the crossfader FX. When I switched Crossfader FX off, the song was active and playable again. After that, I stopped using the Crossfade FX for the rest of the night. Has anyone noticed the same effect?

Here is the setup briefly:
MacBook Pro M1 (16GB RAM) with macOS Sonoma 14.6.1
Only local music files, stored on an external SSD, connected via USB-C
Djay Pro 5.2.3
Reloop Beat Pad 2

Thanks for any advice.

Michael

I’ve been having similar issues.

iPad on iOS 17 and latest Djay update.

I noticed the issues after i had switched off the reset fx option in settings. (I had changed this after being advised on here how to stop FX D/W resetting to 100% wet)

It seems the setting for resetting the FX is the cause for me, might be worth a try? See how yours is set and maybe try changing that option as a quick fix.

1 Like
  • Yes the Reset EQ, FX, Tempo toggle might solve it.
  • Another thing to double-check - make sure the Crossfader is pushed all the way over to the Active Deck. I’ve done that a few times, where the Crossfader feels like it’s there, but in reality, it is still 1% from completing the Crossfade.

I’ll try that. Thanks!

Did the solutions work for you?