Crossfader FX with new update and REV 5. Does it work?

Can anyone confirm that the Crossfader FX work on the REV 5 with the new update? I want to sell my Mixon 8 and get the REV 5. Also can someone confirm you can run an iPad pro with it? I’m stoked on the USB C connectivity. It would be such a great set up with the iPad running back up. Thanks!!!

Hi there, yes I can confirm cross fader effects work. Better actually as you can select 4 of them via the controller itself. (Non, filter, EQ and echo) which are the first four of them. I also have shift and tap mapped to toggle Crossfader effects on/off.

iPad works and I also bought a pass through usb adapter so it chargers at the same time. Great controller. I really like it a lot.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this thorough answer and the link. Mad love homie. :saluting_face:

Hey @Dysfunk_DJ, have you noticed if that hub draws power from your iPad even with nothing connected? I have a Baseus one that I really like, but it has an LED on it and actually drains my iPad if I forget it plugged in and not connected to power.

1 Like

Haven’t noticed that. I’ll have a look and see. I have mine plugged into mains when using to keep charged but I’ll unplug and test.

Just ordered the Rev 5 to use with my iPad Pro. Looking forward to see how those crossfader effects respond and also scratching responds. Are any Rev 5 owners satisfied so far with purchasing it?

I love love the rev implementation. Out the box the mapping is ok but I mapped to my liking. For example shift and tap I’ve mapped to turn Crossfader effects on or off and shift auto bpm mapped to tempo blend on or off.

There’s other stuff I’ve done too but I won’t over load you. In respect to scratching I’m ok with it for me needs: I’m just learning to scratch really so it’s perfect for me.

1 Like