Cue audio distorting through headphones Hercules Inpulse 500

Hi,

Using Djay Pro AI with a Hercules Inpulse 500 the headphone cue audio moves in and out of distortion. The audio will start clean & the distortion will gradually increase for around 10 seconds until it’s basically white noise, suddenly the distortion will go away for a few seconds and then start all over again. Audio output through the computer is crystal clear.

Who can help me with this problem?
It is exactly the same as discribed in this topic;

Lukas_E did you had the solution?

Greetings Theo

Hi Theo,

Sorry to hear about the issue you’ve encountered with the audio distortion. Please note the old bug report you referenced was not reproducible on our end, and as the user never replied to Lukas’ message we can only assume that the problem was resolved.

That said, I’ll be happy to help you out with this. So we can take a closer look, could you please tell me the following:

1. What device are you currently using?
  2. Which OS version is running on your device?
  3. Which djay version are you using?
  4. Could you please connect your headphones to your Mac’s headphone jack, and let me know if you get the same result with the distortion/white noise?

Thanks in advance for the additional information!

Might not be the same problem but I had a similar problem with the Hercules DJControl Starlight when I used it with a 2nd audio interface. The headphone cue would distort and in/out like it wasn’t getting enough power; it would work intermittently and then start distorting again. Solution was to put both interfaces in an aggregate device.

I am having the same issue with the Hercules Starlight. It happens with both headphone and booth (master) audio. Was this issue resolved or a fix found?

1. Device - Hercules Starlight
  2. OS Mac Ventura 13.4
  3. Djay version Pro AI v. 4.1.8
  4. No issue when headphone is plugged into mac’s headphone jack.

It’s sounds like the DAC in the Hercules doesn’t handle the DJay output gracefully. There is no issue when using Serato.

I don’t have this issue using DJay on my phone with the Starlight controller. iPhone XS; IOS 16.5

I have the same issue, gradually Increasing distortion in headphones which will suddenly clear - it’s intermittent but it happened a lot During a 1hr session last Friday - it used to occur on a black edition Inpulse 500 infrequently when running on my iMac . I currently have an m2 Mac mini running Ventura
And a newer white edition Inpulse 500 with dj pro ai and experienced the above distortion - I have never had the problem when using an iPad running dj pro ai in place of either Mac desktop

Hi @Jake4math and @david_rush2, sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue. I have forwarded this internally to the engineering team. Can you please also submit an official support ticket through the djay App under Settings>Contact Support? This will help us to gather additional information about your specific setup. Thanks.

Same issue using Djay Pro on Macbook Pro with DJcontrol Starlight with master output on Macbook Speakers and for Cue headphone connected to Starlight. Please solve this!

Hi @DJerry, please submit an official support request through the app via Settings>Contact Support. Thanks!

Thanks, just done this. Looking forward for a quick fix to be able to use the nice software.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.