Cue audio distorting through headphones Hercules Inpulse 500

Hi,

Using Djay Pro AI with a Hercules Inpulse 500 the headphone cue audio moves in and out of distortion. The audio will start clean & the distortion will gradually increase for around 10 seconds until it’s basically white noise, suddenly the distortion will go away for a few seconds and then start all over again. Audio output through the computer is crystal clear.

Who can help me with this problem?
It is exactly the same as discribed in this topic;

Lukas_E did you had the solution?

Greetings Theo

Hi Theo,

Sorry to hear about the issue you’ve encountered with the audio distortion. Please note the old bug report you referenced was not reproducible on our end, and as the user never replied to Lukas’ message we can only assume that the problem was resolved.

That said, I’ll be happy to help you out with this. So we can take a closer look, could you please tell me the following:

1. What device are you currently using?
  2. Which OS version is running on your device?
  3. Which djay version are you using?
  4. Could you please connect your headphones to your Mac’s headphone jack, and let me know if you get the same result with the distortion/white noise?

Thanks in advance for the additional information!

Might not be the same problem but I had a similar problem with the Hercules DJControl Starlight when I used it with a 2nd audio interface. The headphone cue would distort and in/out like it wasn’t getting enough power; it would work intermittently and then start distorting again. Solution was to put both interfaces in an aggregate device.