Here is a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23uemXjmPlo
For example deleting cue-point 1 by pressing the x button will create cue point 2 set at some arbitrary position. Then if I add all 8 cue points then delete them one by one, when I delete the last queue point cue-point 1 and 2 magically reappear when I hit cue point 8’s delete button, etc. These types of problems.
If I load a new track on that deck the cue points work for that new track, but if I reload the track with the problems I get the problems again on that track.
The cue editing problem persists even when loading it on to the opposite deck.
Using a controller (Mixtour) to add and delete cuepoints also exhibits the bug!
This cue point editing problem DOES persist on that specific track after I reboot the application which REALLY, REALLY sucks because it is unrecoverable (no easy work-around).
Something is definitely messed up with the cue point array logic in the code…
iPad Pro (11-inch) 3rd generation, running iOS 15.0.2. Reloop Mixtour with up to date firmware. Using the official apple av multimedia usb-c connector/hub (the white one with with HDMI, usb, usb-c power connections). App is up to date on the App Store.
I’d like to see that video, got a Youtube account?
Oh dear, what have you done…I posted my first YouTube video ever…
Bad Cue Points Video
Great evidence my Dear Watson!
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your video shows it plainly enough and something definitely seems wrong there! Does this only happen with a certain type of file?
So we can try to reproduce the issue in order to investigate this further, could you please share 2-3 song files that you’re using in djay when this issue occurs? Please go ahead and drop the files here, and let me know when you’ve done so.
Thanks in advance for your assistance troubleshooting this!
I’ve only seen it happen on one track, it was an mp3 file. I managed to monkey around with the cue points and get it to work by adding and removing cue points for a few minutes randomly, but I’m not sure what I did to fix it exactly…but it is very certainly a bug.
I’ll upload the file (Boogie by Hijack, Brabe).
This just happened to me again, this time it was an aac lossless file so it isn’t related to the file type (the last one was an old .mp3)…I have a video, but it seems like something your internal quality control should be very able to easily validate/repro. As a software developer, I would just stare at the code until you find the bug.
Thanks for sharing that mp3 file and for the additional information. I was able to reproduce this now on our devices here, and I’ve sent all of the information you’ve provided to our development team to investigate further. I’ll keep you posted here when I have an update.
Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!
This issue with the cue points editing not working as expected was fixed in djay Pro AI for iOS with the latest update to version 3.8.7. Please go ahead and update your app, and feel free to reach out again with additional feedback or questions.
Thanks again for reporting this issue, and for your patience.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.