Cue Points vanish in djay Pro (Windows) when I edit Meta tags in multiple tag software apps

djay pro v. 5.2.9923.0 for WINDOWS
Windows 11 Pro v. 23H2
Mp3tag v. 3.27 (WINDOWS)
Tag Scanner v. 6.1.17 (64-bit) (WINDOWS)
Reloop Buddy controller (inconsequential to this matter)

Cue points disappear in djay Pro after I edit meta tags in Mp3tag and Tag Scanner software

I have reproduced this issue several times.

I open a sound file on a deck in djay pro. I map out and label the cue points, color coding, etc. I then close djay pro and proceed to open Mp3tag software. I locate the same file, edit one or more of the Meta tags, save the file, close Mp3tag software, reopen djay Pro and see that all my cue points (for that file and/or any other whose meta tags I have edited) are gone.

The reason I open and close djay Pro and Mp3tag software each time before I open the ‘other’ software is because when I have both djay Pro and Mp3tag software both open simultaneously, djay Pro will enevitably crash.

Addendum a few hours later…

I have now tried four additional Windows meta tag editors. I rejected most of them because they were not really suited for DJ purposes. However, one of them, Tag Scanner, seemed to be a good fit. Using Tag Scanner, I ran several experiments on a few different files, using the same methodology I described above. The first one seemed to work: The added metadata tags showed up in the djay pro software, which kept my cue points, etc. intact. But the three files I tried after that all failed. All the cue points disappeared, as did the analysation of the tracks (beatgrids, tempo and key).

So, it would seem so far, that the issue may not lie with the metatag editors I’ve been using, but rather with djay Pro 5.2.

It’s not productive for anyone to spend time creating/ mapping cue points if they’re going to disappear. And the cue points are of vital importance to me.

What’s going on here? Any ideas? Does anyone who runs djay Pro (Windows) have any suggestions?

Thanks for any/ all help!

Hi @TheSilverStreak,

Thanks for sharing your issue in our forum! Sorry to see you’ve been experiencing this.

We were not able to reproduce this, so we’d appreciate a screen recording of the issue in real-time. Would this be possible?

If so, please upload your video to a cloud storage service like Dropbox, Google Drive, or iCloud and share the video link with us in this thread.

Thanks!