Cues Synchronization between IOS devices?

I have been using Djay since 2013, but I can’t figure out how to sync my cues across my iOS devices.

Every time I purchase a new iPad or reset one, I lose all my cues.

I would love to set up my cues on any of my three iPads or iPhones. I don’t carry my main iPad around unless I’m performing. My other iPads are backups.

Here are the devices I’m using:

• iPad Pro 13 M4 2024
  • iPad Pro 12.9 Gen 2
  • iPad Pro 12.9 Gen 5
  • iPhone 14 Pro Max

All devices are running the latest iOS and Djay updates.

I also have a MacBook but don’t use it when I perform. I prefer using a touch screen iPad with the Rane One.

If there’s a step-by-step process to sync my cues, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your support!

Hi @Juan_Perez, you actually have a couple of options for syncing Hot Cues on iOS and macOS:

1. iCloud Sync: this option is automatic once set up, but only copies your Hot Cues and Saved Loops.
    a. Here’s a link to the FAQ Article with all the steps to set it up: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014702832-How-do-I-enable-iCloud-syncing-on-iOS-and-macOS
  2. Manually Copy the djay Media Library file: this option is manual, but includes Hot Cues, Saved Loops, My Collection Playlists, History and Queue.
    a. On iOS you can find the djay Media Library file using the Files App on your device in Locations>On My iPad>djay>User Data>djay Media Library.
    b. On macOS you can find it in ~/Music/djay/.
    c. On Windows %HOMEPATH%\Music\djay.
    d. You simply need to copy this file to an external drive then save it over the same file on your new device.
    e. I personally recommend that you regularly backup this file to an external drive for safe keeping.
1 Like

Wow it works LOL!!! :laughing:
Thank you!!!
Keep DJay Pro going!

Hopefully the Rane Performance will work on iOS in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome @Juan_Perez. Happy to help!