I love using my launchpad as a midi controller for djay but the inability to customize colors for different sections of the board makes it hard to use in the dark. Is there a driver for controlling the colors or a patch to allow use with Automap? That would be swell. Thanks a bunch!
Did you get anywhere with this? I’ve previously created a MIDI map for the LaunchPad in Traktor. But djay pro 2 doesn’t seem to be able to do the same…
Sorry, we don’t have that controller here. Have you checked the “Advanced” options? Try changing the parameters for MIDI out.
How do you map launchpad for Djay?
I know I’m a bit late with this, but I have created a Midi Mapping for Launchpad Pro.
Here is the Dropbox - Link
- Open Finder
- Go to Users > Your User > Music > Djay Pro > Midi Mapping
- Lay down the downloaded Midi Mapping
- Connect Launchpad
- Press Shift
- select the Orange Part in the first row
- Start djay pro
- go to midi > configure Launchpad Pro Standalone Port
- Select Midi Configuration Launchpad Pro Standalone Port Midi Mapping
- restart Djaypro and leave your Launchpad as it is
- Before Opening djay pro the next session, repeat step 5 to 7
deck 1 and 2 are identic just test a bit and you gonna see what is what.
Use the top for navigating through your library.
The 8 pads, which are unmarked are volume faders of a and b the master and the headphone level
the section in the lowest !Pad! row between the two green pads is the crossfader.
If someone requests I can create a picture that describes every single button.