‘Date Added’ sorting option/column for Tidal and Apple Music playlists

We request this tiny but hugely important feature for years:

Please add the ‘DATE ADDED’ playlists sorting option for tidal in your MAC, iOS & Windows apps. Long playlists are a mess without it and we can not find new tracks that we add into our playlists. This is a sorting feature that is supported by Tidal and Apple music and it used to work in algoriddim a few years ago with Spotify too. Sorting playlists by “Date Added” is also a feature supported by all other major dj software. Rekordbox supports this for both Tidal and Apple music.

In dj pro, there is a “release added” column/sorting option in the Apple music playlists but that’s something completely different as it sorts tracks by their release date and not by when we added them to a playlist.

It should be such a minor update work for you but such a great help for us. We keep adding tracks into our Tidal or Apple music playlists and without this sorting feature we are lost. It is a very important feature that all other major dj software support.

3 Likes

Yes! I endorse everey word of yours!
Miss “date added”sorting, it’s my kind of workflow too.
At this time , we have to scroll down aaaalll the playlist to find new added tracks. It’s upside down. Boring!

4 Likes

Totally agree here. This sorting feature was there back in the Spotify days. Bring this back devs, its such an easy fix that would make our dj list digging much easier.

4 Likes

Please people Vote for this on the top left corner of this post. This is a very easy fix for the devs!
At least make the “newly added/latest added” songs of the playlists appear on top.

1 Like

+1 here!!! :top:
Come on algoriddim. Give us the option to sort our tidal lists by date added to the most recently added. This is supported by all major software and i can’t believe how it is not there already!

1 Like

Glad you brought this up - i was wondering the same thing for months. This sorting feature needs to be there. Any developers here that care?

1 Like

We need this. This is a basic reason i use another dj software although i love dj pro.

+1 here. It should not be so hard to add a “date” column in both iOS and Mac

Lets hope algoriddim implements this.

“Date Added” is a sorting filter used by all major dj software and is necessary for a professional when digging into big playlists. For most djs this is the default way of sorting their playlists with the most recent additions on top.

Rekordbox also implements that “date added” sorting/column for both Tidal and Apple music!

Thanks for the suggestion @s0undc10ud. I have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration.

3 Likes

Hey,

Thank you so much for forwarding this important feature that is missing :raised_hands:
Please keep us updated as many of us use dj pro on a daily basis.

You’re welcome @s0undc10ud

You can’t imagine how important this feature is for professionals. Long Tidal or Apple music playlists are impossible without it. Definitely keep us updated and fingers crossed they fix it soon.

this feature alone is the reason i am currently using another dj software mentioned before. i miss many features of the dj pro but not being able to sort playlists chronologically is a deal breaker.
thank you guys for bringing this up. lets hope we get this soon

Thanks for all of your comments and feedback everyone! I have shared them all with the dev team.

2 Likes

Would be so cool if they add this column filter. It’s just a hook from the meta data tidal and apple music provide!!

I will buy you a drink if they finally give us the “Date Added” sorting method :beer:

+1 here guys! I cant use ANY dj app without this sorting feature in the playlists! I came from traktor and rekord box where they both support this. I like this dj software and i am on a yearly plan but i also find my self searching for my tracks constantly. Its chaotic without it.

Please make it work!!!
:pray:

1 Like

Hear hear I agree. Good suggestion.

1 Like