DDJ-1000SRT Crossfader Curve not working (External Mixer Mode)

Hello

I have noticed to issues with my DDJ-1000SRT:

1. When using the device in external mixer mode, even when setting the crossfader curve to “Cut” in Djay, the crossfader still has a volume fade enabled.

2. Using the device in internal mode, the crossfader in Djay doesn’t get any MIDI information from the DDJ-1000SRT crossfader.

I’m using Djay 5.1 on Mac OS Ventura 13.4

Any help would be very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi @fizzyleclou,

1. I’ve discussed this with the engineering team. Currently djay Pro cannot control the crossfader curve when using External Mixer Mode.
  2. However, as you’ve discovered, the DDJ-1000SRT must be used in External Mixer Mode because of the way the hardware is designed.
  3. Also, the hardware itself doesn’t have a physical crossfader curve adjustment.
  4. The team is looking into options to make this work which they hope can be implemented in the next djay Pro update.
  5. In the meantime, you might be able to change the curve via Serato and have that change carry over to djay Pro. I hope that helps!

Hi again @fizzyleclou,

So, the engineering team looked into this further, and unfortunately this cannot be solved internally as the mechanisms required to address this are locked behind a proprietary mechanism. Hopefully, you’re able to make the CF curve adjustments from within Serato.

Hi @Slak_Jaw

Thanks for the quick reply. Changing the crossfader curve in Serato first did the trick <3

You’re welcome @fizzyleclou

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.