DDJ-400 iOS and djay pro

I’ve got it!!! It works!!!

DDJ-400 connected via Apple Camera Connection Kit Adapter to iPad with dJay for iOS and all that powerd with ONE USB Powerbank.

The key was, that it needs the right powerbank and a USB 2-to-1 adapter like this:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001BHVMIU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This adapter can combine the power of two USB Ports

According to the spec on the back of the DDJ-400 it only needs 5V at 500mA. But it seems to need more to power on. Only when I combine two USB ports (2A + 1.5A) then the DDJ-400 powers on.

I tested the setup yesterday. It ran for more than 2 hours. It is even possible to change the powerbank WHILE playing. Simply unplug one USB of the 2-to-1 adapter Plug it into the new/second powerbank. Then change the second USB of the adapter.

At the top left a portable Speaker. (JBL Extreme 1 - great sound, nice base and runs for hours.)

At the left a strong USB powerbank with TWO ports that can deliver 2A + 1.5A. (Do not use a cheap WISH product or so. Buy a decent one!)

Plugged into the powerbank the 2-to-1 USB Adapter, so that the power of both USB outputs can be combined. (This is necessary for the DDJ-400 to boot up. The DDJ-400 does not have a power on button. It simply boots, when there is enough power deliverd.)

An iPad with dJay for iOS app. Pluged into it at the right the original “Apple Lightening to USB Camera Kit” Adapter (you MUST by the original one. Yes I know it’s expensive. Around 50€)

And of course the Pioneer DDJ-400 DJ MIDI controller.

Glad you get to use yours! I can get it all powered up and working, using powered hubs and camera adapters… but after 15 mins or an hour, my controller loses all connection to the djay app…pioneer can’t tell me why it’s happening and neither can algorithm, stuck in limbo with no answers.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.