DDJ-FLX4 connectivity issue

I need help!

I can’t connect my Pioneer DDJ FLX4 to the Android app by cable or bluetooth, and I’ve already updated both the app and the controller to their latest versions, what can I do?

Hello @Andreas_Miranda ,

Thank you for reaching out about this here in the Community, and welcome!

I moved your post to a different category and created a separate thread, so that it gets the right attention.

Could you please share, step-by-step, how you have attempted the connection so far (both by Bluetooth and by cable)?

We will try recreating the same setup to investigate any issues and get back to you.

Cheers!

• I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro.

• OS version: Android 11

• djay version: The latest version 3.1.2

*explain step-by-step:

• I have bought the PRO version of the djay app to use it with my Pioneer DDJ FLX4 controller, since you guys launched an announcement that you would give official support to this controller, that’s why I was encouraged. For this, when I connect my cell phone to the controller through the usb C port (Android), all the functions, effects and buttons work well, but when I want to connect a speaker through the RCA audio output of the controller, the sound it emits is noise sibilant, and this happens with any song.

Note: To clarify, I have my controller connected

FLX4 via usb C power port to a power bank, my controller

FLX4 is updated to the latest version that pioneer indicates to be able to use it with the djay app (v1.03), the FLX4 controller works perfectly with its Rekordbox software, the usb C cables work correctly, the RCA audio cable also works correctly since I tried it previously and later with the rekordbox program, the speaker also works perfectly, the FLX4 controller has a switch on the back to change Stereo/Mono I also tried in both modes and the sound only varies a little but it remains the same noise, in the same djay app I tried to move all the settings and even then I couldn’t solve it, anyway

So for all that has been said, the only error or problem that I find would be your djay app.

(I want to send you a test video in case you did not understand my problem)

Please if you could provide a solution with an update to your app as soon as possible to be able to use it since I am a mobile dj and I need it to get back to work as soon as possible. :pray:t2:

1 Like

Tengo el mismo problema no puedo conectar mi controlador ddj flx4 ni por cable ni Bluetooth a la aplicación djay versión 3.1.2
Hay que pagar por la versión pro?

eres Android?

si yo tuve el mismo problema que tu con la versión Gratuita hasta que lo compre y si conectaron, por bluetooth funciona normal pero ahí el problema o inconveniente en mi caso es el retraso de la sincronizacion del audio por eso prefiero con cable, ahora el problema con cable es que cuando lo conecto a una bocina o parlantes el audio que bota es solo ruido de piso fuerte, pense que mis bocinas, o mi cable de alimentacion o hasta inclusive mi DDJ FLX4 estaban falladas, pero hice la prueba con otros softwares (rekordbox, serato) y distintas combinaciones de configuración y con eso funcionaban perfectamente el audio entonces llegue a la conclusión de que el app djay esta fallando y no esta del todo optimizada para poderse usar de forma correcta con nuestro controlador.

Ya envié varios correos a support@algoriddim.com para que le den solución, espero tu también puedas sumarte enviando un correo y ayudarnos a todos los que padecemos de este problema.

Hola de nuevo te cuento un poco de la experiencia acabo de pagar por la versión pro de djay para Android y lo conecte a una pequeña bocina por cables y se escucha un ruido como estática para nada se escucha la música pienso igual que es problema de la aplicación.ahora quisiera me ayudarás como conectaste el contralador ddj flx4 vía Bluetooth al celular ya que no pude hacerlo.
De las otras aplicaciones rekordbox y serato pues no pude probarlo ya que no dispongo de una lap,tendré que esperar a que saquen la actualización de rekordbox en Android para el controlador

I’m having the same issue with my Samsung phone. The djay app recognizes the controller but the controller don’t work.

The app shows connected indicator and the controller looks fine (not blinking) but when I try to use any commands the app don’t respond properly. I already updated the firmware and app version.

Para conectarlo por Bluetooth es fácil primero tienes que conectar tu DDJ FLX4 a un cargador de carga rápida, en mi caso uso un cargador de 67W o una power bank de 50W lo digo porque intente conectarlo a un cargador convencional y no prende el controlador (solo se queda parpadeando las luces de los botones de loop IN/OUT) lo que significa que necesita un cargador de mas potencia, luego de conectarlo a un cargador de más Watts como indique la máquina encenderá prendiendo las luces de todos los botones y en el apartado de MIDI/Bluetooth debería estar parpadeando el led verde.

Ahora en tu celular activas el Bluetooth y la Localización y abres la aplicación djay y te vas a Configuración > MIDI > Escanear dispositivos MIDI Bluetooth > DDJ FLX4, y le das tap y te debería aparecer ‘conectado’.

En tu controlador dejará de parpadear la luz led verde de MIDI/Bluetooth, eso significara que ya están conectados. Ahora toca probar que todas las funciones entre el controlador y la app funcionen.

El sonido solo saldrá de tu celular si quieres conectarlo a unos parlantes lo puedes hacer mediante el bluetooth de tu celular el problema es que el delay o retraso es demasiado por lo cual no lo veo conveniente, por eso en mi caso prefiero la conexión por cable, y ahora si quieres usar los audífonos tampoco lo puedes hacer a menos que tengas un cable espacial de dos salidas como el ‘TRAKTOR DJ CABLE’ donde se conecta a la salida de tu celular y en la 2 salidas en una conectas los audífonos y el otro para los parlantes.

You have to buy the application to be able to use it, the same thing happened to me at the beginning before buying it.

1 Like