DDJ-FLX4 is now mapped, but I can only output sound to iphone speakers

Please help.

I purchased the Djay pro subscription in order to be able to midi map my ddj-flx4 controller to the app. However in the settings, I only see iphone speakers as the option for the main output. I would like to output through the controllers RCA cables to my studio monitors.

Hey @thuynh04 Welcome to the Community! Thanks for your first post.

Just a heads up, I’ve moved your post to the Questions section of the Community.

How is your DDJ-FLX4 connected to your iPhone? Is it by Bluetooth or by cable connection?

Just a heads up, if the DDJ-FLX4 is connected to your iPhone only via Bluetooth, djay cannot send the audio to the outputs of your DDJ-FLX4. You’ll need to have a wired connection to be able to use the DDJ-FLX4 as the Audio Device in djay Pro AI.

I hope this information helps! Please let us know if you have any questions, and have a great day. :slight_smile:

Hi @Alyx,

Thanks so much for the quick response. I have a usb-c/lightning cable that goes from my iphone right into the data port of the DDJ-FLX4. But that does not seem to be enough to have the app recognize the controller so I also turn on bluetooth and pair the controller to the app that way.

I was under the impression you needed the cable and bluetooth for the controller to work. Is there a way to get the controller to work with bluetooth turned off?

Hey @thuynh04 - My sincere apologies for the delayed response. It’s been a bit busy lately!

When you have your USB-C/lightning cable plugged into the “device” USB-C port, do you also have a separate USB-C cable plugged into the “power” port, powering the device?

You do not need Bluetooth enabled if connected directly to the device. However, you will need to be connected to a power supply AND your iPhone through both USB-C ports on the DDJ-FLX 4.

1 Like

Hi Alyx,

Thanks for getting back to me. I followed one of the website resources to use a lightning/usb camera adapter and got it to work. Bluetooth is turned off and I just have the data cable plugged into the controller, nothing on the power port… It looks like having extra power through the lightning port of the adapter is needed to power the iphone and the controller. From here I am able to power the internal soundcard of the controller

Hey @thuynh04 - Thanks for letting us know the lightning/usb camera adapter solved the issue for you! So glad to hear it.

Feel free to reach out here in the Community if you have any further questions or suggestions, and have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.