DDJ-FLX4 - neural mix to high/mid/low

Hi,

is there any possibility to switch the high/mid/low section to neural mix per chanel (like implemented in reloop buddy, by pressing shift + chanel cue), alternatively shift + rotate knob?

Several buttons and knobs seem to be regulated/excluded from possible reprogramming. Is this due to the controller’s firmware?

Greetz Chris

Hi @Chq, this is very easy to do yourself by creating a custom edit of the built-in MIDI mapping.

1. Please refer to these guides as a general starting point
    a. https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016055199-How-do-I-MIDI-map-a-controller-on-djay-Pro-AI-for-iOS
    b. https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014911871-How-do-I-MIDI-map-a-controller-on-djay-Pro-AI-for-Mac-
  2. Once you understand the basics, make an edit of the built-in MIDI Mapping for your FLX4,
  3. Press SHIFT+Headphone Cue for Deck 1
  4. Set the Target to Deck 1
  5. Set the Action to Toggle Neural Mix - EQ
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 for Deck 2
2 Likes

Hi Slak_Jaw,

first, thank you for your answer.

It seems, that Djay Pro detects my FLX4 as a FLX4, and not as a blank neutral MIDI-device, so that i can’t configure following buttons/knobs:

channel cues
master cue
master level
mic level
release fx
beat fx (1 2 1&2)
fx select
4 beat/exit

Everytime i spin/push these knobs/buttons nothing happens inside the MIDI configurator (macOS).

Don’t know why.

Greetz Chris

You’re welcome @Chq. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to a FLX4 to confirm.

1. First of all, you’ll want to create an edit of the built-in MIDI Mapping so that you don’t have to map everything from scratch.

2. I’ll use my Reloop Ready as an example.

3. Refer to the screenshots below for the steps to create a duplicate of the built-in mapping.

4. NOTE: After you complete these steps, be sure to select the new mapping that you created in the MIDI CONFIGURATION. This is the one that you will add the SHIFT+Cue mapping for the Neural Mix EQ Toggle

5. However, having said all that, sometimes certain hardware controls are locked out through the MIDI learn tool. Perhaps @Michael_Wisniewski can confirm if this is the case for the Headphone Cue buttons on the FLX4?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.