DDJ SB3 or DDJ 400

hello everyone, it’s my first topic here so sorry if I’m doing something wrong but I didn’t find anything like my question on the forum. i have an ipad 6 and an ipad mini 5, i was a professional dj for a long time ago and i intend to play in my room and small parties with friends, i do not intend to play in clubs or in any other professional way.

I’ve been looking at the ddj200 and it initially looked pretty cool but I think it will bore me quickly. I jumped to ddj 400 or sb3. considering that i don’t intend to use serato or recordbox, which layout between ddj 400 and sb3 is more suitable for dj pro ia? sb3 has a good discount in my country and i would like to make sure it is worth the extra cost to use just djpro. thank you so much

hello everyone, it’s my first topic here so sorry if I’m doing something wrong but I didn’t find anything like my question on the forum. i have an ipad 6 and an ipad mini 5, i was a professional

I use the SB3 with no issue, the 400 did suffer from audio drop out (see previous threads on the subject), but that has supposed to have been resolved in a recent update.

Maybe a 400 user can verify???

I can’t guide your decision but I’ve had no problems at all with the SB3.

:+1:t3:

hello my friend, thank you so much for responding so quickly. can you control the effects, loops and cues in sb3?

Hi, yes, all work great, you can change the fx via the controller, you can also control the fx and the wet/dry control. The issue with this is that there is only one fx dial, so changing the fx (the slider in the gui) or the wet / dry (the knob in the gui) control all 3 fx at the same time. If you want fine control over the fx or two fx on two different settings you have to do that on screen. All in all though the fx are not a problem.

Loops, you control the number of Beats 1/32 up to 32 beat loops, the loop button quantises to the nearest beat. There is manual in and manual out, although the manual out will always default to the nearest 4th beat - i.e. if you set a 6 beat loop, djay will give you an 8 beat loop - not a major issue.

Hot cues are the same as on the gui, 8 cues per deck, add, remove, jump to cue etc all available from the controller.

With a bit of knowledge, a bit of digging about on the forum and with a bit of assistance from the CS team here, you can remap the buttons, knobs etc to perform other tasks, if the default ones don’t do it for you.

As controllers go, it may not have all the bells and whistles of some of the more pro controllers but the SB3 is a very capable controller and I’ve had no issues using mine with DJay at all.
Cheers

1 Like

having only one effect on the hand is not a big problem, I read that the dd400 cannot change the effects properly, I am happy that it is possible on sb3. I will go with her for sure, thank you very much . I didn’t know about this sound problem on the ddj400, one more reason to stick with sb3. :hugs:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.