Ddj200, djay and iPhone - won’t connect?

Hi, hope I’m posting this in the right place.
I’ve had a ddj200 for around 2yrs. Last used about 6 months ago. Worked absolutely fine.
Tried to use it today and can’t get it to connect to djay.
I’m using ddj 200, iPhone XS on latest iOS and the free version of djay with tidal.
Bluetooth midi devices just says “searching for Bluetooth LE…” and won’t find the ddj 200. Screenshot of iPhone screen below.

Any ideas? Thanks

Try adding the power cable to the device or, a usb hub with power. If that does not work try replacing the cable

Thanks ‘dash

Daft question - do you mean power cable to the ddj200? I’ve done that, tried the one it came out of the box with and a replacement. The unit lights up and appears to be working perfectly (connected to a wall socket mains power supply).

Just doesn’t appear to be sending a Bluetooth signal that my phone can detect. A friend also tried connecting his iPad to it but no luck :man_shrugging:t2:

I don’t know the controller very well however, it sounds like it does have a problem. Does it have a USB cable that connects directly to the iPad?

Hi. No it’s completely Bluetooth. Only input to the controller is the power chord.

It sounds like there could be something wrong with the controller

1. Make sure all Bluetooth devices in your immediate area are off and only turn on the two devices that you need to connect. Bluetooth devices all run on the same frequency, so it’s easy to have too many devices broadcasting and cancelling each other out.

2. There are 2 separate BT channels: Audio & MIDI. The majority of BT devices only broadcast on the audio channel, so the MIDI devices can get cancelled out. It happens to my music gear more than you’d think. My goto app that usually solves the problem is the"Bluetooth MIDI Connect" by Korg (iOS and macOS versions). It’s a simple one-trick pony, whose only purpose is to connect BT MIDI devices. As long as the controller is still working, the controller should show up immediately in the Korg app.

Bluetooth MIDI Connect (iOS)

Bluetooth MIDI Connect (macOS)

Hi @3Stools,

Thanks for posting to the community for the first time!

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions:

1. What version of djay are you using on iOS?
  2. In the last 6 months have you bumped, broke or modified the controller in any way that might have changed it’s behavior?
  3. Does the controller show up in the Bluetooth page on your iOS Settings App?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have a nice day!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.