DDJ400 Neural Mix

Pre-sales question. I’m looking at either a DDJ200 or 400 - I like the look of the 400 better, but can you properly map the Neural Mix controls onto the equaliser knobs?

1 Like

hello
i’ve just tried for you :
first i tried to remap shift-knobs to keep high-mid-low and have shift-knobs for neural controls
but unhopefully this does not work…
so you can remap the basic knobs functions to Neural Mix…but you loose the source function…

1 Like

So if I don’t want high/med/low I can use those for Neuralmix? That sounds like exactly what I want. I was looking at the DDJ 200 but I don’t like the lack of audio out. 40-something, just learning Dj-ing for something to do, but I’ve always been massively into dance and hiphop. I’m having an excellent time just with djay on the iPad.

yes you can remap the high-mid-low knobs as you wish
i’ve upgraded from ddj200 to ddj400 : yeah it’s better in all features, more knobs, better pads (less noisy), audio output and cueing, etc …, more professionnal device :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I’ve made my decision. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I went from DDJ200 to DDJ400.

Seemed to be already mapped.

You can use both Neural and EQ on the knob control, but not at the same time. You have to toggle between the two on the iPad screen but it’s manageable.

1 Like

Also, and controversial, the sound quality was better from the 200. Probably as the iPad is doing all the work.

yeah that’s great, you can also assign a button of the DDJ400 to switch the Neural mix mode of the knobs!

1 Like

Really? Even though the output is mono rather than stereo if you use headphones?

1 Like

Just bought the DDJ-400 and thought I’d explain how I mapped neural mix to EQ knobs.

Basically followed same way of doing it as on Reloop Buddy:

In your Midi settings hold down shift+cue then set action as Toggle Neural Mix EQ

You’ll need to do for each cue button for each deck and set the Deck target in the MIDI controller.

When you hold shift and tap cue for the deck the EQ control will switch to Neural Mix or Traditional EQ.

1 Like

I noticed it seems to happen automatically now. The knobs can be switched from Neural Mix mode to Equaliser mode without a remap.

1 Like

Need to update on my earlier post. Setting up MIDI and switch between Neural and EQ was straightforward on Intel Mac.

I subsequently plugged same controller into M1 Mac which allegedly is running same software as iOS, however the preferences do not give me full MIDI controller support as shown on iOS manuals and as included in MacOS Intel version?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.