Delayed response and beachball on djay pro using a MacBook Pro

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):

Apple MacBook Pro M2 Pro 2023

16gb RAM / 1TB internal drive (no music files internal)

• Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):

MacOS Sonoma

• Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):

• Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):

Just the desktop, but same behavior with hardware connected.

Summary of the issue:

There is a very noticeable delay (2 - 3 secs) and beachballing between user actions and response on the app

How to reproduce the issue:

1. Imported my Serato crates from my external to Djay Pro using the crates import feature

2. Load track

3. Press a button eg hot cue or play or do an instant double

4. I’m not able to use the djay to perform with this delays/latency/beachballing

5. I have deleted all music from the APP - still same outcome

VIDEO - How to reproduce the issue:

1 Like

Hi @Mufasa, thanks for the details about your setup, the issue you’re experiencing and the video. This is very helpful.

1. Can you please confirm what streaming quality you have set for TIDAL within the djay Settings>Library>TIDAL>Quality?
  2. Please share a screenshot of a speed test for your internet.
  3. Are you running any other applications in the background like an iCloud backup or something?
    Thanks!

Hi again @Mufasa, can you please also collect and send us a sample via activity monitor while the app is beachballing? Thanks!

No

Perfect. Thanks for the quick response and the additional details @Mufasa. Can you please try setting your TIDAL quality to Normal to see if that changes anything? Thanks!

I can do that but fyi…i also get the same issue playing local files.

I have noticed turning off wifi makes the issue to go away but once i activate wifi it returns.

It made no difference :point_up_2:t5:

@Mufasa thanks for confirming and for the note regarding WiFi. Can you please double click djay Pro in activity monitor and click the button “Sample”, then reproduce the issue in the 10 sec while the sample is collected?

As requested

Excellent. Thank you @Mufasa

1 Like

Hi @Mufasa, could you please share your djay Media Library database file here via WeTransfer or send it to me in a DM? Our engineering team would like to have a closer look.

In the meantime, a quick work around for you could be to start again with a fresh djay MediaLibrary database and don’t import your Crates right now. To do this, simply close djay and move your existing djay Media Library file to a new location. Then reopen djay and it will automatically create a fresh database.

1 Like