Delete Forum Account

How do I delete my Algoriddim Community Forum account?

Go to your account preferences and scroll to the bottom of the page. There is a delete account button.

Am I looking in the right place? This is all I see:

I just looked at that page a couple of minutes ago and a “Delete My Account” button was right below the “Save Changes” button. Maybe it had something to do with me resetting my password just before I looked. The button disappeared from my page too.

same here, no delete button

Hey there,

You can self-delete your forum account if you’ve posted only 1 time or less and your account is less than a few days old. If this is the case, then you’d find the self-delete option at the bottom of your user preferences page.

The reason for this is that if you’ve posted more than a few times in the forums, and then you delete your account and also all of your previous posts, this could potentially leave a lot of holes and missing information from valuable topic threads and conversations in the community. To avoid this altogether, our forum offers the ability to anonymize your account rather than delete it.

Anonymizing your account means that all identifying information is removed from our system, including email, name, date of birth, avatar, and user profile. A new username will be randomly assigned, such as anon123456, which will be applied to all previous posts in the system, and this also would apply to all @mentions and quotes.

If you don’t see the option to delete your account on your preferences page, and you’d like to do so, please send me (or any of the Community Moderators) a private message with this request. Please also let me know if it would be okay to anonymize your account.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.