Differences between demo and purchased version

Folks,

I made a decision to purchase djay pro based on the demo I downloaded (v 1.45). The purchase was made through the Mac App store, so I wound up with djay pro 2 which is behaving very differently than the copy I evaluated.

In the evaluation copy, I was able to populate the automix cue with one song, and the software would then randomly choose from my complete Spotify library. V2 requires me to choose a complete playlist and it then mixes those songs. I liked the randomness available in the demo version.

The biggest issue is with the way in which the decks crossfade in automix mode. The demo software had a preference setting for automix under the heading ‘Playback’ that let you choose how many seconds before the end of the song the transition would begin, and it worked great. With v2, the settings are different, and I’ve tried many variations but am unable to duplicate something as simple as the crossfade mentioned above. The songs on the second deck will start playing sometimes more than 30 seconds before the other song has finished.

While I may be missing something, I’m amazed that I had no trouble configuring this in v1.4.5 but can’t make it work at all in v2. This may be a deal breaker for me. What’s up?

Hi Matthew,

Thank you very much for the video.
I see the problem here.
I’ll try to explain Automix settings in djay Pro 2 step by step:

* Duration: This setting adjusts how long the crossfader will take until it has moved from one deck to the other deck. This doesn’t have any influence on when the transition will start.

* Song Range (Start and End Point): If you select “Automatic” you can take advantage of the new features of “Automix AI”: Using machine learning and training sets from human DJs, Automix AI intelligently identifies rhythmic patterns and the best intro and outro sections of songs. This can cause that the next track will start 30 seconds before the active track has finished. However, if you don’t like this feature, you can set the start and end point of the tracks manually.

Here’s a little example:
If you want the transition to take 10 seconds and to start 10 seconds before the track ends, you have to set it like this:
* Duration: 10 seconds
* Song Range -> Start Point -> Manual: 0 seconds after beginning
* Song Range -> End Point -> Manual: 10 seconds before end

I hope I was able to help you.
Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

http://help.algoriddim.com/customer/e…

Thanks Dave, but that just points out the demo limitations, and this isn’t what I’m talking about at all.

When using Automix, this setting should produce a crossfade that starts once the current song has 10 seconds remaining. At the moment, every song is playing all the way to the end before the next one starts. What else do I need to do to get a 10 second crossfade?

Switched the preference for Automix to the above… it’s behaving exactly the same. There is no crossfade at all.

Alternatively, in the djay pro v1.4.5 demo I have, this setting works perfectly.

Thanks a million, Lukas… it’s very clear now. I really appreciate you taking the time to walk me through that! Cheers-
Matt