Disable keyboard shortcuts?

This “feature” has been asked for time and time again on this forum, but we never hear anything back from the company. I even had a wedding ruined by a random gunfire noise (who EVER needs this sound!!!) as well as songs getting started over in the middle of the song, skipping ahead, etc. It makes the software almost useless for my needs but again…we never hear from the company about it. I’ve spent the entire morning searching for something to replace this software and will keep searching. I love this interface but with these keyboard shortcuts going off at random times, it’s actually hurting my business to use this product.

as long as the mouse pointer is in the search box when typing the hot keys are disabled so you can search. Guess the fix is to pay more attention to what you are doing, thats how i fixed the problem.

Yes it would be nice that hotkeys would become disabled when a controller was connected or there was a box to check or uncheck to disable them. But overall DJay Pro still performs fine and has features other applications don’t so i can live with this minor issue that just requires me to pay a little more attention to what I am doing when searching for a track.

please solve this problem, i agree this messes up my show more than once last times.

Holy Shit, after more than one year still no solutions with all these unsatisfied users,Traktor here we come!

I was going to buy this, but I won’t be buying a product that doesn’t have the ability to turn off shortcuts. I don’t want to hit spacebar outside of the search function by accident and stop the music.

Yeah please do something, it ́s very annoying, if you have to type very slowly and then suddenly the song restarts oder something like that…

We are aware of how important this is to you. We’ll keep you updated!

Same here.
Using this software for more than a month and disabling keyboard shortcuts is, in my opinion, the most important update to come.
The real problem is that when we are searching a song in spotify, sometimes, the cursor exits the search bar for no specific reason, and we continue typing outside. So, music stops (or loops, or other weird things that we don’t want.

Solution, right now. Typing, letter by letter, very slowly, always confirming that we are typing inside the box. Annoying and time wasting.

Do it fast

Warren/Algoriddim - please respond to this thread again. Adrian from Algoriddim posted 10 months ago that ‘we know how important this is to you. We’ll keep you posted!’. Time to keep us posted - and inform us when this annoying bug will be addressed in both the OSX version and iOS version of Djay Pro

Uhm, still not implemented, right?..

We can still use the keyboard for typing and the cross fader, it just disables the shortcuts and sound effect keystrokes?

We really need (or at least I would really like) to have the ability to still use the space bar for stopping songs and then left and right arrow to do the transitions. Other than that, the keyboard shortcut disabling works great!

Hi there,

djay Pro 1.3 got released and supports a “Disable Keyboard” option.

Check it out.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

I did a gig on NYE, I started a track, started to type in the search box and all of a sudden I get gunfire (sound effect) and the track screeches to a stop - I restarted the track and tried again…this happened three more times in a packed pub before I realised that what i was typing was triggering keyboard shortcuts!!
I’ve used DJay for around five years now and I’ve never had this problem before - It’s quite a simple fix from a programming point of view to disable shortcuts while the search box is active - even simpler to offer functionality to disable shortcuts altogether in the global preferences.

C’mon guys!!

Agreed Aaron,

I don’t use keyboard shortcuts for anything except the search.
This must be something that’s happened since a software update - it’s quite possible that I haven’t updated DJay for a couple of years - and as I said, this never used to be a problem - and I use the search box a lot!

All notifications on my MacBook are switched off and there are no other programs running - so whatever is causing the search box to loose focus is happening within DJay.

As you said Aaron, it’s not an expensive pice of software - but if it worked, there would be no need to look elsewhere.

Pay more attention. Nice trick, Jason. But I have to work sometimes up to 12h in a row, Sorry if I get tired and inattentive sometimes. My work is hard enough, I don’t want to iron out bugs. Well, we talk about a not too expensive software, but when I pay for something, I want to have it working. And especially sample sounds on hotkeys is something no DJ really can need. I use the keyboard actually only for searches and have no clue how it can happen, the curser jumps out the search field. And the cursor is a funky lil thing, not a flashing red light-thing.

We have asked for this (and other features/bug fixes) two years ago and nothing happened. I’d like to have Algoriddim here either saying “to be honest: fuck off” or “yes, it will be fixed within 3 months.”

Do you think they’re even listening? This thread has been alive for over 9 months. I moved to Traktor about 6 months ago, had no choice really, couldn’t have gunshots ringing out through the PA during a wedding set! DJay is strictly relegated to home use now. Shame cos it’s nice software other than that glaring issue.

The option for keyboard shortcuts to be disabled completely needs to be on the iOS version. The keyboard shortcuts are disabled but only when the cursor is in the search box.The cursor doesn’t always stay there when searching. Is there any way you can add an option to turn the shortcuts off permanently? This would be an enormous help as I have stopped the music inadvertently multiple times at events that I am at and it is embarrassing.

Unfortunately this is not fixed in total. The search still has problems when you type fast. Try ‘di’ and in many cases the cursor jumps out of the search field and performs some actions… ok you can disable the hotkeys but then you have to deal with some annoying popup which describes how to enable hotkeys again…