Disable scratching / how to adjust song beat after pressing play on iPad

I play mostly on CDJs but was surprised to see how nice the iPad app is nowadays. One feature I just couldn’t for the hell of it figure out is - how do you adjust a song after you hit play? I don’t use sync, so I want to adjust the beat for the songs to match, but iPad always has scratch mode active, and touching the jogwheel scratches the song so I can’t do microadjustments until the songs match

I know on external controllers I can just disable the midi binding or rebind it, but how to do that on iPad?

Is there some keybinding or other functionality to do that?

Hey @GreenGripe - Welcome to the Community! Thanks for your first post.

To adjust the tracks to beat-match, you can use the ‘+’ and ‘-’ buttons found in various places in the app, depending on which mode/view you are in. I’ve recorded a demo video on my iPhone to demonstrate the beatmatching via the buttons on the waveform:

https://youtube.com/shorts/vMWNEOwVhdA

If you are in different modes or views, you’ll find the ‘+’ and ‘-’ elsewhere. Here are a couple of examples:

If you’re in Classic mode, you can either use the ‘+’ or ‘-,’ OR you can use the very edge of the turntable (the ‘turntable’ dots / stroboscopic dots)

I hope this information helps! Feel free to reach out should you have any further questions, and have a great day!