Distorted/Bit-crushed audio with adjusted Tempo/Key Lock

I have had this problem on my iOS device as well as my Mac. I do not know or remember how the iOS issue was fixed, though I am now having it on my Mac.

Bug/Issue: Audio HIGHLY Distorts (Bit-Crushes) when Key Lock is enabled and I adjust the tempo and/or key.

See Attached Video

Djay Pro AI: Version 4.1.8
MacOS: Ventura 13.4
Controller: Pioneer Dj DDJ-400

Attempted Solutions:
• Uninstall/Reinstall Djay Pro
• Shutdown/Restart Mac
• Power through the annoyance (not recommended)

Wow! I don’t have an answer but yeah that surely sounds terrible

1 Like

Hey @xavethompson - Welcome to the Community! Thanks for your first post.

We’re so sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing this distortion with key lock enabled! It truly does not sound great, so let’s try to get to the bottom of this.

As a first step in resolving your issue, could you please update to the latest version of djay (4.1.9) and let us know if the issue persists?

If the issue persists, does the distortion with key lock enabled only occur with your controller plugged in? Or does it happen with your controller disconnected as well?

Looking forward to hearing back so we can help resolve your issue. Have a great rest of your day!

I have this same issue.

Uptodate version, only occurs when using with my controller plugged in.

I also experience this issue occasionally during my sets, and it’s not pleasant. I don’t know what to do; my software is always up to date. I usually change the channel (I have a 4-channel mixer) and then switch it back to the original one. But it’s like playing Russian roulette: sometimes it works, other times it doesn’t, and there’s nothing I can do about it.

Hi @andreamaselli95,

Has this issue continued to happen even in the latest version of djay Pro AI, v4.1.10?

Additionally, are you having the same issue as @zeitmike where this issue only occurs when a controller is connected to your device?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Yes, i have the latest version. The issue occurs with mixer conncted ( allen e eath 43c e xone k2) but ALSO WITHOUT A CONTROLLER CONNECTED

Hi, I am having this same exact issue after the last update to version 5.1.6