Distortion on master

Hi,
I’m using djay pro on ipad with pioneer ddj-sb3. I’m experiencing distortion on the playback. I’ve seen other posts about the same, with solutions that has worked for others but it doesn’t work for me. Any ideas on how to fix this? No distortion on headphones. And the same speakers does not distort when played from other sources.

Not sure if this will work for you but have you played around with the Auto Gain and Audio Limiter settings?
Try toggling those settings on/off and see if that makes a difference

Thanks for the tip, I’ve tried all combinations including restarting the program. Still a distortion.

It’s just a slight distortion but it is noticeable.

Hi @Remi_S,

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for reaching out about the audio distortion you’ve encountered with djay on the iPad and the DDJ-SB3. I’ll be happy to help troubleshoot.

With audio issues in general, we suggest the following first steps:

1. Make sure all of your devices and apps are up-to-date with the latest versions and any firmware updates that may be available.
  2. Ensure your connections and cables are working properly by trying the following:
  • Use a different cable.
  • Ensure the USB cable doesn’t run closely past speakers and power adapters. Especially bass-heavy speakers can cause electromagnetic interference which can be picked up by the USB cable.
  • If you’re using a USB hub, we recommend using a powered hub to ensure the hub is able to provide enough power to connected devices.

If you’ve already tried those steps and the issue persists, could you please record a video of the issue occurring and drop it here? Just let me know when you’ve done so, and then I can further troubleshoot this with you.

Could you also confirm that you don’t get any distortion from the same speaker when playing music from a different app on your iPad, e.g. GarageBand? You said you don’t get it when played from other sources, but I just want to be clear about what the sources are.

Thanks in advance for the additional information!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.