DIY DJ case for controller and mixer

I would like to put a small controller and an external mixer in the same case so that I can use it directly. A suitably sized case is available, but I don’t yet have a good idea what kind of material I should use inside. It should be something that is easy to work with so that I can cut out suitable openings for the devices, but not too heavy and still sturdy - and it should also look good. What options are there? I would be happy to receive a few tips and hints! :sunglasses:

Very hard to advise without knowing which controller, which mixer and which case.

This is a compact setup with presumably a Reloop Buddy and Yamaha MG10XU in a simple equipment case. But is this decisive for the selection of the material?

The information is required because some equipment has ventilation slots or fans, requiring space around them, so you can’t pack them tightly in a small case and surround them with foam etc.

Okay, I didn’t think of that when I asked, but I would of course take it into account and not seal it airtight. :+1:

You’ve still not given details of the case, but typically the type of foam you might get in a generic flight case is “pick & pluck” or cubed foam inserts, which can be bought in different thicknesses and sizes.

1 Like

I thought about that at some point, it was also in the case at one time. I can’t remember why I decided against it back then. But I’ll take another look at it, thanks!

Blockquote
Very hard to advise without knowing which controller, which mixer and which case.

the SMALL ONE :rofl: