Djay 2 Pro (Mac) crashing when searching or sorting library, HELP!

I have a problem with the latest version of Djay Pro 2 for my MBP mid 2012 8GB i7.

I have around 3000 tracks in one folder with intention that this would be easily searchable from within Djay during a gig (for requests and so on). The folder is placed on my desktop and originally came from a hard drive where I store all my music from the years gone by.

I have added the folder in ‘Finder’ view in Djay which displays all the tracks, however every time I try to i) arrange the track list alphabetically by clicking “artist” or “track” or ii) conduct a search with the criteria set to ‘search in folder’ (as opposed to search my Mac), the program becomes completely unresponsive - albeit the current track will continue playing until the end at which point I need to restart the MBP. I can search with the criteria set to ‘search my mac’ without issue…

There are MP3s, WMA and M4A in the folder. Could this be a cause? It’s very frustrating either way, and I’m panicking about my next gig! I have performed a virus check on the folder but do not pick anything up.

All other functionality seems ok. I have noticed that for some reason when creating playlists in My Playlists with tracks from this folder, some appear to show “Spotify” as the source and therefore do not play offline, even though they are actually in the folder which is on my desktop.

Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks

If it actually crashes send them the crash report. I also know they do come out with updates periodically to address any bugs. So the more they know about this problem the sooner it can get addressed for all of us.

Hey Kyle,

I am very sorry to hear that.

Is the app shutting down or freezing?

Thank you in advance for the information.

Hi Kyle Harper,

I am sorry to hear that.

Can you send us an exemplary video of the explained issue, that would help us a lot in order to find the root of the problem.
Please send us the video via support@algoriddim.com.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi there,

if it is not crashing, can you send us an exemplary video of djay turning unresponsive?

That would help us a lot.

bump! I see djay replying to other threads but not this one, please help.

Hi the app is freezing and require to be restarted. The same happen during when trying to filter the play list in any way.

Thanks

Hi and sorry for the delay in responding. I have managed to avoid the issue by splitting my folder of 3000 tracks into several folders as i could not risk my MBP freezing up and requiring to be conpletely restarted during a gig!

i am having a similar issue. i have a folder that has 1100 tracks in it and as soon as i sort by bpm, the program becomes unresponsive and has to be force shut down and rebooted.
this cant be right. is there a fix?

Abe