djay 5.2.1 Performance Issue with Rekordbox Installed on same MacBook

Macbook pro M2 pro 16"
Sonoma last update
djay pro 5.2.1
Cdj 3000
Djm A9

I need to downgrade to 5.1 . With last update i’m having problems .
Screen on cdjs freezes and latency is too big
Thanks in advance

Hi @Mauri_Moore, the only way to revert to a previous version of djay is via a TimeMachine backup.

1 Like

If you haven’t already tried this, try switching off Wifi and see if that makes a difference.

wifi OFF
Bluetooth OFF

I can’t work right now

ok thanks,
I’m experiencing occasional lag with my iPad and have discovered turning off Wifi stops the lag

Yes , an old tip but thanks anyway

Hi @Mauri_Moore, I suggest that you backup your djay Media Library database and any custom MIDI mappings, then uninstall djay, reboot your device, and reinstall the latest version of djay. You can find the files above in the following locations:

1. iOS: using the Files App, navigate to Locations->On My iPhone/iPad->djay->User Data
  2. macOS: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014912211-Where-does-djay-Pro-store-playlists-cue-points-and-other-data-on-my-Mac
  3. Windows: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014912131-Where-does-djay-Pro-store-cue-points-and-other-metadata
  4. Copy the files to a new location or external drive before uninstalling djay. After reinstallation, you can simply copy these files back to their original locations to maintain your Hot Cues, Saved Loops, My Collection Playlists, History and Queue.
1 Like

Thanks ! i will try again , BUT before all was OK

1 Like

You’re welcome. Please report back either way and let me know. Thanks!

SOLVED : how ??
the problem is when you have Rekordbox on the same computer -
It seems that when i change some tags in Rekordbox my library in Djay pro goes crazy .

I delete my Mac , install from zero , and now all is OK … BUT take care if you want to have Rekordbox in the same machine.

That’s great to hear @Mauri_Moore. Thanks for the additional info regarding Rekordbox. I have passed this onto engineering for further review and comment. I report back when I have news.

Hi again @Mauri_Moore, can you also confirm if your CDJ3000’s and DJM A9 are running the latest firmware?

yes , all firmawares are update .

When you have a playlist in Djay pro …and do some changes to the tags with Rekordbox , Djay pro goes crazy , Cdj3000 screen freezes and latency is a lot

Okay, thanks for confirming @Mauri_Moore

Hi @Mauri_Moore, can you please confirm that you are running djay and Rekordbox at the same time while connected to the CDJs? If so, this could certainly cause issues as both softwares will try to control the CDJ.

NO , only Djay pro …the problem starts when i change some TAGS in Rekordbox . Right now i don’t have RBX installed anymore . All is working OK .

Okay, thanks for confirming @Mauri_Moore. I’ll consider this one solved then.

i don’t think is solved . I mean , i can work again now BUT is not possible to have both softwares in the same machine … AGAIN : if you touch some TAGS in Rekordbox , Djay pro will be crazy .

Take one folder to do a test : analize all song with Djay pro . Close the program . Open Rekordbox and change some tags , like colour or comments . Close Rekordbox and try to play those songs in Djay pro .

Are you doing this while connected to the CDJs or with no hardware connected?

I do all what i said in my house … when i go to the club all the problems starts . Why i touch the tags in Rekordbox ? because i need to have a backup solution .