djay app randomly crashes on iPadOS 14

I can confirm I’m having the same issue with an iPhone XR (ios 14.2) and DDJ-200. The app crashes when controls from the DDJ-200 are used, especially if both jog wheels are touched at the same time, like the app is overloaded or something. This causes the controller to disconnect, which cannot be reconnected until the app is closed and reopened. I even went as far as to order a new DDJ-200 to test, and I can confirm it is not an issue with the controller, as the new one did the same thing.

This issue makes the app completely unusable at this time.

1 Like

I dropped them a line via Twitter and they got back to me today, asking me to confirm the apple update and assured me it was being looked into. I hope it’s soon as the current situation renders my setup all but useless

Awesome. I am glad to hear that they responded. Mine is also useless.

I want to report that I still am having issues with the 4 deck view on the Pioneer DDJ-1000 even after the update that went out today.

I received a reply from my support request. They are working on it. Hopefully resolved quickly.

Whilst we’re waiting for a fix, I should have taken the failed iPadOS updates as a sign to stay on 13.x, as I mainly only use my iPad Air 2 with djay and my WeGO4 and that combo was stable.

Has anyone tried this process to roll back to iOS 13?

Hi everyone,

We are sorry for the occurrence of this issue. At the moment we are in contact with Apple and can confirm this is a iOS 14.2 issue. This issue will be fixed with iOS 14.3 so make sure to update your iOS devices as soon as there is a new iOS version.

3 Likes

Any idea of the time frame on this?

I wonder what iPadOS 14.2 has done to upset the djay 3 app with controllers, when the iPhone version of WeDJ that hasn’t been updated in a year is stable with this same setup.

Thanks for the update Lukas! I have a gig in 24hrs so hopefully we get iOS 14.3 within that timeframe :grin:

I’m still running DJay 3.5.9. Can anyone confirm if the controller issues have improved at all with DJay 3.5.10? The last thing I want to do is make things worse before tomorrow. Thanks guys!

I’m on 3.5.11(updated on the 24 apparently) and unfortunately the issues still prevail. The iOS update is due early December unfortunately.

Thanks for the info. Not the news I was hoping for. Oh well…

Hi everyone and thanks again for your feedback.

While as mentioned this was a bug in iOS 14.2 that we have confirmed will be fixed with the next iOS update, we were were now also able to find a workaround that should prevent the issue from being triggered.

We just released djay 3.5.12 for iOS containing the workaround.

6 Likes

This is great news! I saw the update on my iPad about 30 minutes ago, so have been using djay 3 with my WeGO4 since to test it, and so far not a single crash.

1 Like

Been using djay 3 v3.5.12 with my iPad Air 2 v14.2 and WeGO4 for a couple of hours now and still no crashes.

Thank you for finding such a quick fix for this. I was getting worried I had to wait another month for iPadOS 14.3 to be released. I’m loving the updates for the iPad version :+1: Keep it up!

I’m very happy that the algoriddim dev team were able to find a fix in the current iteration of iOS and not take a easy route and wait for Apple to fix it in the next iOS update.

Worth every penny.

Great job and thanks algoriddim.

Great job and thanks algoriddim