DJay crash after 4 hours of playing

thanx @maurizio_T
i tested some more with my setup, without the lightning extention-cord, with the camera to usb3 adapter straight into the ipad. now it charges up to 100% while playing.

i even tried the same with a cheap knockoff camera to usb-adapter, same result, charges up to 100% while playing.

so, the lightning extentioncord was the charging issue after all. i’m still worried about the lightning-port of my ipad to be worn out over time, having the weight of the camera-adapter+ powercord+usbhub hanging on that single lightningport. The ipad is on a stand above my mixer.

it came to mind that this lightningport on the ipad has become a single point of failure. if something happens to that connector for whatever reason, your show is over :face_with_peeking_eye:

maby i will have to get a 2nd stand next to the ipad just to ease off the weight of the camera-adapter. :thinking:

Hi @PascalRidder,

1. I highly recommend that you avoid 3rd party Lightning accessories. I’ve used many in the past and reliability was an issue on several of them. You might get lucky, but it’s not worth the risk in a live gig situation if you ask me.
  2. Also, I understand your concern with having the USB hub hanging off the Lightning socket. My solution, was to attach the USB Hub to the back of my iPad case with Velcro so that it’s not hanging off the connector.
1 Like

that velcro thingy is a wonderful idea! :heart_eyes:
but still that (already short) cord has to make a very sharp bend :thinking:

1 Like

I’m not really affected by the weight issues with the cord as I use my iPad in Vertical mode and the cable plugs in from the bottom and the usb hub sits on the bottom of my controller flight case so there is no weight issues with that.

2 Likes

Nice. Vertical, didn’t think of that!

Im planning to buy a 3d printer and make my own perfect stand :grin::+1:

My first transfer from vinyl djaying to electronic djaying was with a Numark idj Pro controller where the iPad slid into the actual controller and. Was vertically mounted so I guess I just got used to it in that format,
Also the Waveforms are left for the left deck and right for the right deck as opposed to the waveforms being on top of each other.

Last 2 events I used the latest version of DJay. Did not yet update my ipad to the latest version.
I had my iPad restarted before the gig and made sure it was not running any other programms.

All worked nicely. No hickups and no issues. Thx

3 Likes

That’s great news @MRDJ. Thanks for sharing!

Great to hear this. Much more stable

Can also add that I did another 5 hr gig over the weekend without a single hiccup…