djay evolution problem with iPad 1 (HELP) :(

Hello, I come to you because I have a little problem …
On the advice of a salesperson store dj equipment, I just buy the controller “idj pro”.
I have a first generation iPad I saw on the numark website and the seller assured me that functioned with idj pro, unfortunately blocked me when I find the version of djay apps because it has evolved to go with ios6 … which is not supported by ipad 1.
I would like to know how to do this please, so that the equipment can operate.
The pro idj is said to be compatible with the ipad 1 which is currently proving false, how?

cordially

Hi Morgane,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

The iDJ Pro is actually supported on the original iPad and runs with the previous version djay 1, which is also supported on iPad 1. Unfortunately for you, however, djay 1 is no longer available for sale. You can now only download it if you already previously bought it.

You can still download djay 1 via App Store -> Purchases.

The first thing you need to do is go back to the store that ‘reassured’ you it’s compatible and give em a slap on the face for not knowing their facts! iPad 1 can only be upgraded to 5.1.1. You can use an old version of djay but I don’t think it supports the iDJ Pro and you can’t use djay 2 with an iPad.

Ah ok I didn’t know forsure if the iDJ Pro supported the iPad 1. Warren, what do you mean by “you can only download it if you already previously bought it”? I still have my djay 1 as well as djay 2 but if I delete my djay 1, will it show up in the App Store?

I downloaded the free version of djay one long ago, I did not buy it as I do not buy the controller “idj pro”.
Anyway today I can not even download the full version of djay1 because algoridimm went to version 2. I tried to pay for the full version go through the free version but it leads directly to djay 2.
If I could have the first version (complete) which functioned on the iPad 1, I would not be access to all the features of the apps moin but I would not have bought the “idj pro” for nothing.
Because now if there is no solution to download the full version of old djay1 my “idj pro” goes to sleep for a very long time, time to bail out to buy a new ipad :frowning: compatible ios 6.

I know is a very old forum, but I just see the Djay app on youtube and i want it, but I have the same problem (first generation iPad) but looking deep… Look what I found:

djay - David Guetta Edition

Updated: 23 May 2013
Version: 1.6.4
Size: 60.1 MB

Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Just bought the IDJ pro for my son to use with our IPAD 1, of course the directions say it works with the ipad but the app of course does not. Very frustrated right now!!!

I have tried to find the djay - david guetta edition but all I find is the dj trivia?

Any help would be welcome!

i just got off phone with NUMARK , they said IPAD1 is not supported .period…I"M PIST OFF … i use numark for almost 18 years… and i dj live box says REQUIRES 4.2 … I HAVE 5.1 WTF…

This would be false advertising by Numark & Algoriddim, as the iDJ Pro shows on the box (still being sold by Best Buy) that iPad1 will work. People still assume they can download the DJAY app from Apple’s app store, as it states to do so in the iDJ Pro quick-start manual. They all must know iPad1’s software update will not go up to 6.0+ for DJAY version 2. There’s nothing in the documentation of my newly purchased iDJ Pro that stated the DJAY app is no longer available for purchase. Why would they not let people know this information ahead of time? LOTS of time & money wasted here if the original DJAY app is now totally unavailable.