DJay for Anrdoid?

One of the reasons I am still using Apple devices is because of this app, as I have also invested in the iPad version as well as the Numark controller

We are wattin’ djay on android its the best app dj that i ever seen all in my life… All djay from brazil with yours devices andoid wants this best app… Give a return for their…
O melhor de todos app:-):-):slight_smile:

It would be way better on android ! Apple I am an owner of both a iPad 2 and quad core android and I’ve got to say the iPad CPU is not powerful enough !! Move to android and unlock the power of them powerful quad core CPUs that can actually be overclocked not underclocked and locked up like apple ! Sort it out your program would be 20 times better on android .

I’ve invested in this app (iPhone, iPad, iDJ Live, Audio Splitter) and is one of the main reasons why I still use Apple devices. But I would like to have this app available in Android because I’m thinking on buying a new phone later.

They could concentrate in only the flagship devices firts like Galaxy S3, One X, Note 2, etc. And of course all the Nexus line.

Most reports show that iOS users spend significantly more money on apps than Android users and piracy is much more prevelant on Android. It really doesn’t matter if there are more Android devices if there aren’t more devices with high enough specs. I can get a cheap Android phone from AT&T, but it doesn’t mean that it can run advanced apps.

The only reason Android outnumbers iOS is that there are a ton of low spec devices which wouldn’t be supported anyway.

As long as Android has issues with real-time low latency audio and synchronous play and record there will be no DJay for Android

http://code.google.com/p/android/issu…

We are talking about the latency of REAL AUDIO - that’s a totally different task and has NOTHING to do with how fluid a modern smartphone OS performs.
Android is based on Java (That’s why Google and Oracle meet at court) and is NOT capable of real-time low latency audio, meanwhile iOS is a derivative of Mac OS and shares all the audio related programming, as the iPhone was intended from the beginning as a multimedia device.

Do you think Algoriddim will EVER be available on Android? If so, when?
As you can see there is a very high demand for it and i’m sure fans will be more than happy to pay for this app if we have to (:

first of all, what kind of Android Hardware should be supported ? Only Samsung Galaxy Tab, Acer Tab, Hewlett-Packard Tab, Asus Tab, Lenovo Tab ??? did i missed one?
I use Apple products (iMac/iPad/iPhone) as well Android Products and not to forget Microsoft Based Products. I will say that i am open for everything. i know it well what every kind of this products can do and not. So for a programmer/coder who wants to codeing a tool like “djay” need to know what kind of product (Hardware) is running behind the OS…intel based? AMD? ARM… For iOS programming it is for sure easier cause the Hardware is knowned…to port it to Android it is also not a big hint, but to hold the same qualitiy for every kind of Hardware type you must make a compromiss…so you make one of the Android User happy and the other one not…cause it use a other “brand” of hardware with Android.
So before some one is screaming between what is better, please think about what it needs to run the several tools like in this way Djay for iPad or for iPhone. At the Apple App-Store you find there also the information about what kind of iPad/iPhone/iPod it is recommend, cause for older Version make it no sense to programm it. The same way it would be for an Android Version (if a version will come)…then the recommend Hardware Info will be only for quad-core Tabs and maybe only for Samsung not for Acer or Lenovo and and and…so who do you want to make them happy ? Samsung exclusivly or Asus or HP or Lenovo ?

Ok, so as Seungjin says is the problem at this moment on the side of Google Android OS.
But if one Day this will be solved, there is once again other new Flagships on market. But please remember that all the flagships are not equal built (diffrent processors, chipsets, display resolutions, I/O Interfaces).
And now the other thing…the Price :slight_smile: how many of the “flapship”-Owners are potenial clients and will pay for it ? The tablet verion costs around 17 euro. The phone Version is in my eyes not really a tool where you will use it in professional case, but came with same quality (costs around 5 Euro)… :smiley: i am thinking about that a DJ use the phone version and he receive a call of his mother :smiley: “live on stage mother is talking” *lol*

iOS has much dj software, not only Djay, also exists Mix Vibes Cross Dj, Dj player, Meta DJ, Future DJ, DJ Rig, Pro DJ mixer, Mixr Dj, Dj Dex, and many more, in the forums is the same order : Please app for android …
and the answer is all the same, there is a conspiracy between aliens and APPLE !

aDj Pro (for android) has the same issues as DJay when it comes to not reading bpm correctly

both have latency issues that are equal to each other (as i observed a friend use DJay while i used aDj Pro

the main difference is that Djay looks like turntables while aDj pro has parallel scrolling wave bars

both have to take time to “load” the songs

from what i heard in our test, both had the same quality when played through matching speakers; cant say the same for amplified power djay clearly pushed harder

i do believe it is a load of CRAP that DJay fanboys and devs use to uphold arguments on why Djay is ios exclusive (you would be naive to ignore apple padding algoriddim’s pockets to keep them from exploring resources to develop on android.)

what i see is a refusal to try and a clinging to old school limitations that are just not there in the lastest most capable devices, and YES i would spend 19.99 on this for nexus tablets any day of the week. And no one is asking you to make it for every tablet and phone across the board, it can easily be restricted to only the highest end tablets and phones and yes people will buy them for this app alone since it is “polished”

android users dont have a tendency to acquire free apps because they are cheap, there is a shortage of QUALITY paid apps. aDj pro couldve charged alot more even though its not as polished as this nor emulates turntables if a user scrolls through search results and sees an expensive app, likewise in the app store, it draws ppl into find out WHY its so expensive in the first place.

i really do belive its a combination of apple corporate interest brewing a lack of motivation for algoriddim to develop on android

knowing how developers operate on internet forums, they post to keep their community happy, so dont expect DJay dev’s to admit or tell the truth about any of what i just suggest above about corporate influence.
apple has been known to influence exclusivity in the past, they tried it with angry birds, but rovio will never acknowledge it ( terminated employees DO talk)

this is why corporations are NOT ppl