djay for iPad crashes after a couple songs

I start a queue in Automix and after a few songs, djay crashes. The app has never acted like this before and it is making me very upset.

iOS 8.0.2
Djay 2.6.1

Hi Matthew,

Sorry to hear that.

What are your Automix settings? Are you using Spotify or iTunes songs? Also, do you feel like it’s always crashing at the same song?

Can you play this song manually? Also is this a public Spotify playlist? If yes, please send me the URL.

In this case, can you please send your crash reports to support(at)algoriddim.com? Thanks!

Hi Matthew,

Thank you very much for the crash report. We received it and our developers are already investigating the issue.

Thanks for all your crash reports. We’re currently investigating this issue and we apologize for the long wait and the inconvenience. Unfortunately, this is not something that can be easily fixed.

By the way, I’ve tried your playlists as well and have no problems so that’s not it. Our developers are doing their best to determine the cause for this issue.

Standard 30 second transition, shuffle off, using Spotify songs.

So far, I have noticed it crashing on or after “Halcyon Daze” by Cleveland Wehle.

djay pretty much crashes whenever I play any music (music library or spotify) and the screen is locked. I cannot enjoy the app without the ability to play continuous music while the screen is off. Locking the screen is good for my battery.

Crash report sent. Still awaiting response…

It has been almost 4 weeks since this issue became a problem and it still has not been fixed. I have sent every single crash report and done every single recommendation. The app still crashes in the background and when the screen is locked, using Spotify songs or not, logged into Spotify or not!

I am very very very very frustrated! There are NO alternatives to this app. No alternatives at all!

bump

Hi -

I’m having the same problem. I’m using the app with Spotify and it will randomly crash - at most it’s after two songs, but sometimes before I’ve even finished selecting the song. It’s making the app entirely unusable for me. There is no apparent pattern, and it makes no difference what song I’m playing.

Thanks,
-Reed

to the fact that these guys are as useless as tits on a bull.
With success!!
Im using the app on ipad in conjuction with the numark controller and my sync source is from my imac.
I hope this helps, so let me know how u go, as its worked for me and hasnt crashed yet (6 days since fix, 20+ startups at least)

Plug in your ipad to your computer.
First backup all tracks to a new folder external from the original library source folder and outside of the music files catergory on your computer. (I put my new folder on the desktop)
Delete all duplicates and playlists.
Convert all of your music to mp3. I know the quality isnt the greatest, but its easily recognised by the app, and there have been references to it struggling with certain formats.
Rename your music exluding the option of catergorising tracks into album/title/artist/song…

My tracks now look like this

e.g. Craig hamilton - they cant dance

This is an incredibly labourious task with a large library of tracks, so maybe just start with what you need to test it out and/or get you back to work.

Delete the app.
Re-install the app.
Add the folder of tracks to itunes and analyze them.
Sync them back into your ipad.

Hop on one leg.
Whistle your national anthem and cross your fingers.
(Im sure thats all the developers have been doing all along, so might as well give it a go…)

This worked for me, i hope it helps you, and anyone else stuck with library freeze and crash issues.

Let me know how u go friends…
Good luck!

Brent

Btw… you have to disable spotify as well, as there are plenty of references to it causing library crash issues…

Ive cautiously attempted a fix myself after resigning to the fact that these guys are as useless as tits on a bull.
With success!!
Im using the app on ipad in conjuction with the numark controller and my sync source is from my imac.
I hope this helps, so let me know how u go, as its worked for me and hasnt crashed yet (6 days since fix, 20+ startups at least)

Plug in your ipad to your computer.
First backup all tracks to a new folder external from the original library source folder and outside of the music files catergory on your computer. (I put my new folder on the desktop)
Delete all duplicates and playlists.
Convert all of your music to mp3. I know the quality isnt the greatest, but its easily recognised by the app, and there have been references to it struggling with certain formats.
Rename your music exluding the option of catergorising tracks into album/title/artist/song…

My tracks now look like this

e.g. Craig hamilton - they cant dance

This is an incredibly labourious task with a large library of tracks, so maybe just start with what you need to test it out and/or get you back to work.

Delete the app.
Re-install the app.
Add the folder of tracks to itunes and analyze them.
Sync them back into your ipad.

Hop on one leg.
Whistle your national anthem and cross your fingers.
(Im sure thats all the developers have been doing all along, so might as well give it a go…)

This worked for me, i hope it helps you, and anyone else stuck with library freeze and crash issues.

Let me know how u go friends…
Good luck!

Brent

Btw… you have to disable spotify as well, as there are plenty of references to it causing library crash issues…

Whoops, sorry bout the double post… not sure what happened there?