djay Hanging on First Page and Crashing

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model iPad Pro 11 inch 4th gen
  • Version of operating system iOS 17.5
  • Version of djay 5.1.6

Don’t you just love an intermittent problem? Sometimes when I try to open the app, it will just hang on the first screen for a long time.

How to reproduce the issue:

Hi @Nubium, can you please provide more details about this issue so the team can try to replicate it? As usual, a screen recording would be very helpful. Thanks!

1 Like

ill try. just start a 3 day event so may take time.

1 Like

Hanging on first page, and then the app crashed

Thanks for the video @Nubium. This is very helpful. Since the app is crashing, please submit an Official Support Ticket using the procedure below so the engineering team can review your crash reports in more detail.

1. Open the djay app on your device.
  2. Navigate to Settings>Contact Support.
  3. Fill out the submission form and title your email "ATTN: NATHANIEL – “djay hanging on first page - Community” in the provided subject line.

I’ll consider this community topic solved for now and let the official support team take over from here. Thanks!

I don’t have time to write all information, but I’m trying to do a wedding and the app keeps crashing doing really weird things

V pissed off

I’ll add a video tomorrow.

Sink is turning on by itself as soon as I press play on a track

1 Like

https://youtube.com/shorts/cVRWwxEDCrE?si=hTZbtk_2xlPRmVXV

Here I am showing that sink is turned off and when you look at the screen, I press play and sync turns on by itself. Wtf!!! I did a hard reset before this gig

Hi @Nubium, I have merged your other topic with this one to keep the conversation with the official support team organized and because these issues are likely related.

1. Regarding the Sync turning on automatically, is it possible that the Sync buttons on the Mixon 8 are stuck in the On position? There have been many reports of sticky performance pads so this could be a similar issue.
  2. Can you please share a screenshot of your djay Settings>General>SYNC MODE and Settings>General>CROSSFADER FX?
  3. Are you using Crossfader FX?
  4. Are you using Deck 3 and 4 at all? Perhaps Sync is enabled on one of these decks by accident.
  5. Are you using the Looper?

About the sink buttons, turning on by themselves. I don’t think it’s a Hardware issue the lights on the sink buttons on the hardware are off sync only turns on exactly when I press play.

The other thing I’ve just noticed is as soon as I load a new track, even when the sinks are off it loads at the same tempo as the old track

Thanks for the follow up.

Uploading: image.jpg…

I am not using Cross fader effects

I’m not using Decks three or four I’m not using the looper

I don’t know when I’ll be able to submit that crash report. I’m playing a wedding tomorrow and another gig the day after and I need to use this app. I’ve been quiet late because I haven’t been doing very many gigs and I’ve just come back to all these problems, One thing I will say the seem to happen when I upgraded to iOS 17.5

1 Like

Looking at your video, I can see that the Crossfader is highlighted in Blue which means Crossfader FX are ON. When CFX is OFF the crossfader will be shown with a White line instead of Blue line.

Also, please share a screenshot of your Settings>General>CROSSFADER FX. I believe this is what is causing your issue.

1 Like

@Nubium please see above. Disable CFX. Share a screenshot of your CFX settings please.

Oh, I didn’t realize I don’t use Crossfaded effects very much. I must’ve turned it on and forgotten about it.

Another update. I updated the app to 5.1.7 and the problem went away however, I did a hard reset and then the problem came back.