djay Pro 2 (2.0.4) - Cue point data cannot be loaded when drop from external apps

Hi there

Since 2.0.4 update of djay Pro 2, existing cue point data cannot be loaded, when drop (mp3 data) from external applications, e.g. Finder.app, Swinsian.app.

When load same music data (means same file path) from djay Pro 2 playlist, cue point data can be loaded.

I usually play DJing with djay Pro 2 and Swinsian which role is searching music and dropping into djay Pro 2. Until 2.0.3, cue point data could be loaded with this style.

Hi there,

did the Swinsian tags work in with djay Pro 2.0.3?
We recommend setting Cue Points in djay Pro 2.
We also added a single Deck mode which was designed to better prepare a track.

Hi ismm,

I am very sorry for the belated reply.

Thank you for your detailed example.

I added this issue to our issue tracking system and wanted to thank you for pointing it out.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Hi Lukas, thanks for your reply.

> did the Swinsian tags work in with djay Pro 2.0.3?

Yes.

Swinsian can edit tags. Tag-edited track in Swinsian can work in djay Pro 2.0.3 (but has “non-English characters issue” fixed in 2.0.4 :))

> We recommend setting Cue Points in djay Pro 2.

I understand this. I always set Cue Points and Loops in djay Pro 2. Using Swinsian is only for editing tags.

Hi there

> e.g. Finder.app, Swinsian.app.

I’ve forgotten citing an example. djy Pro 2.0.4 has same behavior with **iTunes.app**.

For this issue, I add more detail infos.

Both loading and editing in djay Pro, behaves correctly:

1. load a track in djay Pro
  2. the track is loaded and analyzed
  3. edit (grid, cur points, looping) the track
  4. (eject it from deck)
  5. load same track in djay Pro
  6. then track is loaded, edited data is loaded

Loading by dropping from external app (following 2 cases), behavior is not correct…:

1. drop a track from external app into djay Pro

2. the track is loaded and analyzed

3. edit (grid, cur points, looping) the track

4. (eject it)

5. drop same track (from external into djay Pro)

6. the track is loaded, but edited data is not be loaded

7. load a track in djay Pro

8. the track is loaded and analyzed

9. edit (grid, cur points, looping) then track

10. (eject it from deck)

11. drop same track, file in same path, from external app into djay Pro

12. the track is loaded, but edited data is not be loaded

Hi there.

After update to djay Pro 2 2.0.5, this problem seems to have been resolved.

Thank you for excellent work!

Aloha!

I’m not sure if this is exactly the same issue, but I have noticed that at least one track seems to register as a different ID when imported into the music library. I have intentionally broken the spotify integration to solve one layer of things, and so I was exploring using the integrated djay Pro 2 music library only with my iTunes files (which would be an incredibly helpful addition to my work flow!)

Most of the files work interchangeably whether I load them from djay Pro 2 music browser or from djay Pro 2 iTunes browser… but this file somehow confused the program so that it does not correctly link both instances internally. All of the rest of the tracks on this playlist work, so I am not sure what happened. I will email you the file to see if you can replicate it.

Thanks!
-Trevor