Djay Pro 2 freezes/will not play. Play button not responsive.

1. I am using a MacBook Pro M3 (16-inch Nov 2023)
  2. OS: SONOMA 14.4.1
  3. Djay Pro 2, Version 2.2.9
  4. Controller: Pioneer DDJ SB2

I use it in 2 Deck mode. Almost always, the deck that doesn’t function properly is the right deck. About 10-15 minutes into use, it begins with the song not loading properly in the “deck” area. The song will play but you cannot see the actual song in the deck area.

Soon after that, the jog wheel will move the song around but the ‘play’ button on the controller or on the screen will not work. I am using my Pioneer DDJ SB2 controller.

Prior to this, I was using my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) with Catalina 10.15.7 with the same controller and it never gave me any issues.

This is frustrating. Thank you for your help and your time.

If you have an iPhone or iPad, You could try using that and see if it’s a problem with your Mac

Hi @brincadj, please note that djay Pro 2 is no longer supported. Also, it is not compatible with macOS Sonoma 14. If you want to continue using this legacy software, you will need to downgrade your OS. Thanks.

Hmm… not what I wanted to hear but thank you for your response. What version should I be using? Where can I download/purchase it?

You’re welcome @brincadj. You should upgrade to djay Pro 5. As a djay Pro 2 user, you may be eligible for a special loyalty offer (see below).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.