djay Pro 2 freezing when filtering playlists

Hi,

When I try and apply a “Date Added” filter to a playlist, djay Pro stalls out and refuses to respond. It’s been doing it every single time since I applied the 8/10/2020 update.

Thanks!

Hi @probablyalfie,

Sorry to hear about the issue you’ve encountered. So we can take a closer look, could you please tell me the following:

1. What device are you currently using?
  2. What macOS are you currently running?
  3. What version of djay Pro 2 are you currently using?
  4. In which section of the music library does this occur (e.g., My Library, My Files, TIDAL, etc.)?
  5. Does the software freeze, or does it crash completely?
  6. What have you done to get around the issue when it occurs?

Thanks in advance for the additional information.

MBP Retina 15-in Late 2013 running Catalina 10.15.5. djp version is 2.2.4. I’ll be in the My Library tab and when I switch between filtered playlists OR when I try and apply a filter to the playlist I’m currently on, I get a spinning beach ball of death. The program will continue to play any currently running tracks, but the problem occurs even if nothing is loaded into a deck. The program becomes non-responsive and I have to force quit.

Also, the same freezing occurs when I try to analyze my entire library

Hey @probablyalfie,

Thanks for the additional information. Since we haven’t been able to reproduce this issue on our devices here, in order to take a closer look, it would be very helpful to get any generated log output from djay. To do this, could you please follow these steps:

1. Open the Console application (from the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder).
  2. Click the leftmost button in the toolbar to show the sidebar, if it’s hidden.
  3. Select All Messages in the tab bar.
  4. If the Activities button in the toolbar is enabled with a blue icon, click it to turn this off.
  5. Switch back to djay, and try to trigger the issue. This will (hopefully!) print some output to the Console.
  6. Return to the Console, and select the recent error messages from the main window, or from the Menu Bar choose Edit ▸ Select All.
  7. From the Menu Bar, choose Edit ▸ Copy. Then, open the TextEdit application and Paste the copied logs into a new plain text document.
  8. Save the text document in .txt format.

Then, could you please send a message to support@algoriddim.com, attach the .txt document logs, and reference this forum post so our team can further investigate this for you? Hope to hear back from you soon so we can get to the bottom of this.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.