djay Pro 2 History

• Device model *(Macbook Air 13’’)
  • Version of operating system *(macOS 10.13.6)
  • Version of djay * (DJay Pro 2.2.9)
  • Hardware/controllers used *(Pioneer DDJ-400)

Hi there, I have loaded up djay Pro 2 and all of my set history has gone. I backed up my media library yesterday as I have just purchased a new MacBook so I wanted to make sure all of my cues etc would carry over to my new device. But all of my set history has completely vanished now and I don’t know how to get it back.

Thanks

Hi @JakeDabbs,

Thanks for sharing this question in our forum.

To be clear, did you load up djay Pro 2 on your older Macbook Air or the newer Macbook in which you noticed that your session history was lost?

Please note that since djay Pro 2 is a legacy version of djay from pre-2020, we are no longer providing support for the product in the same manner as djay Pro 5.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have a nice day!

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I loaded it up on my older laptop and everything was gone. I still haven’t set up my new laptop yet.

In a seperate question, does this mean if I download a new version of djay Pro on my new laptop there won’t be any saved data from my previous?

Thanks

Hi @JakeDabbs,

Thanks for your reply.

If you go into the Finder and follow the path /Music/djay Pro 2/Backups, you should see a few folders/files with .djayMediaLibrary files, which house your djay library info.

Could you try restoring djay Pro 2 from one of those backups by simply double-clicking on a .djayMediaLibrary file while djay Pro 2 is closed to see if that resolves your issue?

Happily awaiting your reply.