DJay Pro 2 & Numark Mixdeck Quad

Hi, I have the Numark Mixdeck Quad and a 15" MacBook Pro w/ Touchbar running OS Mojave 10.14.6 I normally use CD’s with both decks and would like to have DJay Pro 2 either as a backup or for main use. I just started the free Demo without connecting it to my Mixdeck Quad. Before I make the connection, I have a few question in regards to using DJay Pro 2; 

1) Can any of the controls on my Mixdeck Quad be used when using DJay Pro 2 such as the mixer, volume controls, crossfader, mic/headphones? 
2) Is there an option of using an external hard drive opposed to my MacBook Pros internal hard drive? I currently use iTunes in which I have most of my library on an external hard drive.
3) Can DJay Pro 2 be aimed at seperate music folders on an internal/external hard drive?
4) Can music folders be created within DJay Pro 2?
5) My music libraries are in the .AIFF format. Is there any quality loss using DJay Pro 2

I realize this is quite a few questions and in the meantime I will continue to use the Demo along with going through the manual. Once I have these questions answered, I will move forward to purchasing DJay Pro 2. Thank you. Ray 

Thank You Floyd, I appreciate you taking the time in answering my questions. Since I posted this, I connected DJay to my Mixdeck Quad. I’m still in Demo mode and it recognized and connected flawlessly. Everything seems to be straight forward  but, I’m having a problem with crossfading.
 I would like to have my crossfader on my Mixdeck Quad act in the same manner as it does in the DJay window. With both songs loaded, I click on the play button on one song and when it’s near the end I just simply click on the crossfader end arrow (shown below) and it crossfades and plays the opposing song just fine without creating any type of cue. While that’s playing, I’m able to swap out the song that just played by drag/drop just fine, Then I repeat the crossfading process without issue.  

When I use the Numark crossfader, it just fades the volume out to nothing instead of crossfading into the other song. I did look under MIDI in the tool bar which shows my Mixdeck Quad but, I can’t seem to find the proper setting to make. I included a few screen shots of the settings I’m in below. I’m sure it’s just a setting somewhere. If you have any idea, please let me know. Thank you again for your help. Ray

Thank you Floyd, I will definitely take a look at it today. Even if this isn’t it, I sincerely appreciate your help and time for passing it on. It’s too bad that the MIDI section doesn’t go into explanation of the options. Other than that, DJay appears to be straight forward. I’m going to look into the cueing aspect today as well. I’ll report back to you if cross cutting was or was not the answer. Thanks again, Ray

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the problem. I’m going to need to find a good explanation of all the MIDI controls within DJay of what each one does. I’ll demo some more but, right know I’m at a stand still. I do have my audio & EQ from my Mixdeck Quad showing up in DJay. As far as cueing & Play/Pause, that’s not active on the Mixdeck Quad. Thank you again for trying to get me up and going, appreciate it. Ray

Running on a 2016 15"  MacBook Pro w/ touch bar OS Mojave 10.14.6

Thank you Lukas,
  Floyd has been great! Nice to know that I can use an external hard drive to pull music. In addition, creating playlists within DJay may be a great alternative for special songs, dances, etc. 
I’m really having a hard time understanding all of the MIDI controls in regards to what to choose. 

I don’t have anything checked under Crossfader in the MIDI section. I did try the “Transition to Inactive Deck” but, that didn’t work under the Crossfader line (CC 7). I unchecked it and left everything unchecked. 
On line (Note B1) under the Action column, it was blank. I went into that and clicked on “Transition to Inactive Deck” but, no luck. Now I can’t make that line blank under the Action column.                                                                                                                     

_ Can any of the controls on my Mixdeck Quad be used when using DJay Pro 2 such as the mixer, volume controls, crossfader, mic/headphones?  _
I found how to add the volume & knob controls through the MIDI section. I can control from the Mixdeck and it shows in the DJay window. Awesome!

Not working betweeen DJay & the Mixdeck; 
1) Crossfading song to song from one deck to the other as it does in the DJay. When using the crossfader on the Mixdeck, it just fades out the volume to the deck that’s not playing instead of starting that song.

**2) **The Mixdeck Cue/Play/Pause buttons do not light up and operate. Maybe, this can’t be part of the chain fro DJay?           

_ Seperate Music folders, do you mean displaying the normal folder and subfolder structure? If that is the question - Yes!  _In regards to folders, I have separate song folders on my external hard drive therefore, I would like to know if all I need to do is click on those folders for opening them to display in the song window? In all likelihood, I will make separate iTunes playlists for DJay instead of using song folders.

Can music folders be created within DJay Pro 2?  That’s awesome! Creating playlists within DJay may be a great alternative for special songs, dances, etc. 

My music libraries are in the .AIFF format. Is there any quality loss using DJay Pro 2?  That’s great news in regards to no quality loss.  

I’m sure we can get these issues resolved through a few settings. It’s just that I’m currently somewhat in oblivia, being new to this. I do thank you & Floyd for all your help! It truly is appreciated. Ray

Thank you Lukas for your help. I answered you and left the above comment for you a week ago and haven’t heard back. Any additional help would be most appreciated. Thanks again. Ray

I also own a Mixdeck Quad answer to your questions #1 YES #2 i never tried external hard drive. #3 Yes for internal not sure external. #4 Yes #5 quality good 

Sorry never had that problem, but open up DJ pro settings, midi then make sure cross cutting mode is off. Not sure this will help 

Hello Ray, I’m curious about something. Are you running djay pro on your Macbook or an iPad 

Hi Ray,

Thank you for getting in touch and Floyd, thank you for your help!

As Floyd answered #1 I will skip this one.

#2 Yes you can use external hard drives and browse them right in djay Pro 2, you can also create playlists from different sources within djay.

#3 Seperate Music folders, do you mean displaying the normal folder and subfolder structure? If that is the question - Yes!

#4 Yes, (see 2) feel free to check out the djay Pro 2 djay Library. For further information you also find our manual via this link.

#5 No djay supports AIFF so no quality loss.

Regarding your Crossfader question, which Crossfader Curve do you use in the djay settings (Mixer tab)?

Cheers

Lukas E.