Djay Pro 2 on Mac OS X crashes when I try to analyze my entire library.

Anytime I try to analyze the whole library, djay pro 2 freezes and I have to restart the app. My library contains about 5000 songs. It seems that the app can analyze about 1000 songs before crashing, but I am more inclined to think that the problem is linked to the interpretation of some specific song files. Can it be a problem of reading TAG?
I have sent the crash report several times in the hope of being able to help you identify the problem.

Mine doesn’t do bulk analysis at all, I ask it to analyze my library or playlist (on Spotify) and it tells it was analyses without doing it.

Any thoughts on this?

Mine does this too, took 8 attempts to analyze my complete 6000ish track library. Guess it’s done, though.

Figured I’d wake the thread up and see if anyone else has this problem.

Hi Lukas, i’ve same problem. Where i can send it file “.crash”?

Hi Dj_romy, thank’s for you comment. I’d done it. now the problem seems to have been solved, (after over 120 hours / 5 days automix nostop for analyze 1436 tracks)

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that.
In order to get this problem fixed, we need to know, what exactly is causing the crash. Therefore we kindly ask for your help: Can you sent us the Crash Report? You can find it here:

open “Console”

go to “User Reports”

select the latest djay Pro “.crash” file and attach it to this mail

I’ll pass the crash report internally to our developers so they can have a look at it.
We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

I have found out a workaround for the analysis problem, this works also with spotify songs.

Create an automix of the songs you want to analyze, fine tune how long the automix is playing, depending on the download speed, 20s-1:30min have been required.

Let the computer rolling until the automix is ended, for 8-10h automix should be ok. After that on my mac, with 16Gb mem, it’s starting to get issues and data is not anymore saved to harddrive.

Yeah it took a long time for me as well :smiley:

I have some more as 35.000 songs in my library, and analysis is no problem…

https://instagram.fhph1-1.fna.fbcdn.n…