Djay Pro AI v3.0.5
Macbook Air M1, 2020
When playing certain AAC tracks the audio engine appears to completely stop at certain points in the track. I have seen this with a few different tracks and it’s reproducible. It’s always the same point in the track. What I observe is that there’s a section of the track that appears “blank” in the waveform. When playback hits that point in the track, audio completely stops being produced from any track producing audio (not just from the problematic track). Pressing play/pause or clicking anywhere in the waveform immediately returns playback to normal for all tracks.
I would be happy to provide more detail like a video capture or logs. This pretty much a non-starter for live playback so I’d really like to help get this fixed.
Also this happens regardless of what audio interface I’m using, including the built-in macbook audio chipset.
Thanks for writing in our community.
Could you please send us a video of the issue via email to email@example.com? We’d like to have a closer look at this.
Have you been only able to reproduce this with AAC tracks? Does this not happen when using streamed tracks?
Hope to hear from you again.
Hey Guillermo thanks for taking a look at my issue.
Could you please send us a video of the issue via email to firstname.lastname@example.org?
Yep I’ll send that over now
Have you been only able to reproduce this with AAC tracks?
I don’t think I have.
Does this not happen when using streamed tracks?
Haven’t tried, though I can’t guarantee that I would find a track with this issue easily.
I have some new information as well. I discovered that if I start up Djay and immediately try playing a track with this issue, and don’t touch anything, it works as normal. If I start using neural mix features this issue comes up (I did also load a track into the second deck)
Just leaving a comment to follow this issue as I’m looking to buy a MacBook Air M1.
So far with v3.0.9 the issue appears to be resolved
Just an update. I did have this happen again on a track, but the behavior is different now, and I can’t seem to reproduce it (the issue doesn’t return if I reload the software, unlike before where I could reproduce the issue reliably).
In the middle of a set, a certain track showed had a couple spots where no audio is produced, and the Djay waveform was blank for that area. I can only assume the cause is completely different than my original issue. I’ll post if I find more.
Unfortunate because I still can’t trust Djay AI for live playback.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.