djay Pro AI adds additional gain to songs when the adjusting the bpm with keylock on

This issue seems minor but it is a dealbreaker for me.

The program somehow adds additional gain to whichever track when the bpm is adjusted. Gain levels will go back to it’s original level if I return it to zero and/or if keylock is disabled on either channel.

Enabling keylock will increase the gain level on either channel if the percentage of the bpm is changed either lower or higher; the effect becomes immediate after +0.1% or -0.1%.

I can’t play with keylock off and I have to deal with it by setting the trim levels every time I play a song at a lower or higher bpm. If I have a song already set at the max healthy level, it’ll redline the channel immediately.

This issue happens with and without playing on my controller (Pioneer DJ DDJ-RB)

I tried disabling and enabling both ‘‘auto gain’’ and ‘‘save and restore manually set gain values’’ and the issue is still there.

I’m on a Macbook Pro (15-inch, Late 2013) running Catalina 10.15.7 with djay Pro AI on 4.1.4

I hope this problem will be looked into. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Hi @LarryZinc,

Thanks for posting to the community for the first time!

We’re sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing!

So that I can better assist you, would you be able to share a screen recording of the issue and any steps taken to be able to reproduce the problem for testing on our end?

Thank you in advance!

You’re right! I was wondering why my cue levels were off so much, now I finally know. Great finding! Happens on iOS as well. The problem is exactly as OP describes.

1 Like

This has always been an issue, on every single song you have to go back to zero to avoid the loudness and music going in the red. I’m pretty much use to it after all of these years. An auto limiter/adjuster is needed with different BPMs & the key lock. That’s the advantage other software have.

1 Like