Djay Pro AI pauses playback on ipad pro 5th Generation (2021) once magic keyboard is closed

I’m on djay ai v4.1.10, ipad pro 5th gen iPadOs 16.5
I have magic keyboard.
When I put automix, I want to casually listen to my tracks and I do not need to touch or open ipad, so I fold down the magic keyboard for easy carriage of the ipad.
Unfortunately djay pauses playback, until I open lid and unlock the ipad again, then it auto-resumes!
This is annoying because in my previous ipad pro 4th gen (2020) with the same magic keyboard, it would continue playing even when i do close the lid on it.

What’s the solution?

@Armigo I believe the iPad going to sleep when Magic Keyboard case is folded and closed. This means that the Auto-Lock/Unlock when the cover/keyboard is closed is not working.

Open Settings>Display & Brightness>Lock/Unlock : Ensure that this is set to OFF.

Thank you for checking and advising.
However,
I have done as u directed, and it made no much difference.

Lock/Unlock Setting OFF:
Playback continues without any sound, until lid opened and play/pause hit twice

Setting ON:
Playback pauses until lid opened and screen unlocked.

Still confused, becuse the non M1 ipad pro does not behave like this on similar settings.
Or should I shitdown and restart iPad to effect changes?

@Armigo I would try a force restart of the iPad to see if that helps as well (see below). Also, are you playing audio through the iPad speakers, a Bluetooth speaker, a wired external speaker or headphones?

@Slak_Jaw
I am playing via ipad speakers.
No, the ipad is NOT freezing or non-responsive in any way, but i tried that “force restart” procedure anyway. However the procedure doesn’t appear to work on this M1 ipad pro. Tried it both with ipad ON and ipad OFF states, no restart seen.

@Armigo thanks for the additional information. Unfortunately, I can’t think of any other suggestions for your specific issue. Here’s another article on how to do a forced restart of iPad Pro M1.