Djay Pro AI + Serato on Rane One Issues

hey, i dunno if anyone tried this yet but iam trying to have one comp run serato and one run djay pro… but here are some issues i have with it…so far
If another comp is running serato on say usb “A”,as soon as you open up Djay pro AI program on the other computer all the music stops, then after you set back up the audio settings you can control the app from rane one…but… when you flip the usb say the usb “A” on deck 1 to play a track from the serato comp it also plays Djay pro on the same deck. deck 1 or 2, if there is a song loaded on the same deck your are trying to use another comp on. audio will play.
also sometimes when u try and mix from serato and back to Djaypro. sometimes Djay pro will play the song at a different pitch… i will try very soon to take video and upload it

I haven’t tried that set up but I have tried using two seperate iPads, one connected to USB-A and the other to USB-B and it sort of works but is a bit clunky…

The best I got was startup djay first…with usb switch to that side…then serato… but when using serato I get audio from djay so you have to eject the song from djay on the deck you’re trying to use serato on… then the bugs like hig pitch playback and stuff from djay starts

1 Like

That is similar to what happens when you connect two iPads, although I don’t recall and bugs with the pitch being an issue

Just tried with 2 laptops to run djay… same thing music stops and everything… I hope they figure out how to split that usb signal like when you run 2 comps with serato… I really like djay and want to make the switch from serato.

Hi @djitchyfinga,

Sorry for the delay in responding about the issue you’ve reported. This is an issue specific to the RANE ONE that our Development Team is aware of. We are working with the RANE team to get this issue sorted out. I’ll keep you updated here when we have more news about this.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

2 Likes

Thanks Emily I hope RANE helps you guys out

1 Like

Hi @Emily, any news on this issue?

I’m having the same problem and did some debugging myself. I’ll share my thoughts, it might help resolve the issue without any help of Rane :wink:

It seems Serato is checking the connected USB port related to the “USB A | Line USB B” switch. If the connected USB port is not corresponding to the switch, audio is muted, waveforms are grayed out and the user is notified that the channel is “in use or thru”. I think this is all done in Serato software and not the Rane One hardware. I guess it works like this…

1. Get the Rane One USB device Serial number to know what USB port is used.
    Serial A = USB A, Serial B = USB B

2. At all time listen to midi (hex) messages
    Channel A Switch: #BF5702 = USB A, #BF5700 = LINE, #BF5701 = USB B
    Channel B Switch: #BF6002 = USB A, #BF6000 = LINE, #BF6001 = USB B

3. Compare USB Port with Channel switches.
    If USB port <> channel switch value → mute output, reject all other midi messages and show the appropriate message to the user e.a. “USB NOT SELECTED”

IF USB port = Channel switch value → do all the stuff that it’s doing now…

Hope this helps resolving the issue…

Hi @Bang_n_Mash,

Thanks for checking in on this issue and for sharing your debugging findings.

Unfortunately, I don’t have an update on this issue yet from our team as they are still investigating it. But I’ve passed along the helpful information you’ve shared, and I will keep this thread updated with any news. Thanks again!