Djay Pro AI Video Mode

Hi. When I upload a new video to a deck, I have the option to upload just the video and keep the current song, or upload video+sound. In my Macbook Pro (intel) it works fine but in my new Macbook Pro (M1), even when I choose the “just video” option, the system always uploads the sound and the video. First I thought that this option was not available in this version of Djay Pro AI, but I realized that the program shows the two options (Video+sound and just video), so if it shows the option I think it should work, right?

Can you help me please?

Thank you!

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I even tried removing the audio from the video and get the same result. No matter which option is used (“load video” or “load video + audio”) the current audio file loaded gets taken over. This is frustrating because if you have a song ready to go, you cannot add a video without having to load the song again.

Please any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I just downloaded an update and still having the issue.

Yes. I use just videos without audio. But in my older Macbook I can do it without problems…can’t understand. Let’s wait for other reactions.

1 Like

Hi @LaBoheme and @thephillipward,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you please tell us if you’re using TIDAL videos, or locally saved videos, or both when you experience this behavior?

Also, @LaBoheme, you mentioned that this works as expected on your old MacBook Pro. Could you tell us what version of djay you’re using on that Mac?

Hi Emily.

Thank you for your time.

I experience this behavior in both situations:
1-Playing a song (from Tidal, local or Apple Music) and trying to upload just the video from Tidal Videos, local videos or from Apple TV App (through DJay Pro AI APP menus)

2-Playing a video (from Tidal Videos, local videos or from Apple TV) and trying to upload just the video from one of the same sources

In my old Mac I had all (Djay Pro, Djay Pro 2 and Djay Pro AI). After this post I sold that Mac and now I can´t tell you the exact release, just the program name. I guess it worked fine in Djay Pro 2, I can’t remember if I tried in the AI Version.

But once AI version offers the option “just vídeo”, probably in the old Mac I used Djay Pro 2 first and after de AI realease I did it in AI version too with success. I just experience the wrong behavior after buy the new M1 Macbook Pro and install the AI version last month.

Thank you.

Thanks for sharing all of the additional information. That’s very helpful.

I’ve been able to reproduce this issue and I’ve reported it to our development team for further investigation. I’ll let you know when we have any updates. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

1 Like

I am trying to use DJ Pro AI to play music from streaming services / my library AND videos clips from my hard drive. But when I drag and drop a video into the “audio” section it replaces the song with the video. I would understand that if I dragged the song to “AUDIO & VIDEO”. The only way I can get this to work is to load the video first and then to load the audio to audio only. But this workflow is backwards from how I used to do it in older versions. Because my focus is music first.

Also there is not a way to tell DJAY to play a video playlist with seperate video.

Any ideas? I am about to ditch the video function alltogether and that is a shame.

Hi @Joel_Leggett,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’ve moved your post over to this already existing topic thread as it sounds like the same issue. Our development team is aware of this and is currently investigating the issue. I’ll update this thread when we have any news.

I am also waiting for a solution to this.
And I have another question on this topic: when using a hdmi splitter or multiplier for two external screens attached to my MacBook Pro, the video constantly switches from one screen to the other. I never get the image on the two screens at the same time. I know Djay Pro AI is developed to recognize only one external screen, but since a powered splitter doesn’t seem to do the job either, any ideas on how I can project on two external screens at the same time anyway?

also waiting for solution - thanks.

:mega: Hi Everyone, Just dropping in to let you know that this issue has been fixed with the latest update to djay Pro AI for Mac (version 3.1.4). Please update your app when you get a chance on the Mac App Store.

Thanks for your patience, and happy mixing! :headphones:

1 Like

It’s Perfect. Thank you!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.